Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Maybelline City Mini Pallet in Girl's Night Glimmer

Happy Wednesday to you friends!! Today I want to give you swatches and my thoughts on the Maybelline City Mini Pallet in Girl's Night Glimmer as well as a small tutorial.   I hope you enjoy...


Let's start with the blatant obvious...this is a full-on glittery pallet. 


Do you see just how chunky the glitter is on the third color from the left? That's the absolute best swatch I could get from it too.  The darker teal color is nice as well as the white.


I was kind of deceived by the taupe color, because it looks like an actual taupe in the pan but as you see swatches above, it's actually silver glitter.

There is one color that is more of a satin finish and it's the cream color in the top left, but everything else is complete glitter.   Therefore, having a matte neutral color for your transition (at the very least) might be needed for you to achieve your desired results. 

In my tutorial below I used the pallet alone and while I did like the look I came up with, I still think it was too glittery for my taste.  But that will also be a personal preference and depend upon your eye texture as well. 

Either way, here's the look I came up with using ONLY this pallet alone.



Let me show you what I did to create this look .

First up I used color A all over my lid and up into the crease a bit.  Then I took color B and used it in the outer V of my eye and blended over just a bit into the crease.  I wanted to go all silver-ish and not teal color for this look.


Next I used the color C on my brow bone.  After applying black pencil liner to my lower water line, I used color B and a pencil brush to smudge it all out and make it smokey looking. 


I finished the eye look with black liquid liner on my top lash line and mascara.  Then I used the the Peach Punch blush from Covergirl and finished the look up with Rimmel Moisture Renew in Berry Rose.


So there's my look I created with ONLY this pallet alone. 

Something I have realized about this pallet, is that it will need a glitter glue if you plan on wearing the look for any length of time.  I did not use it here and I was cleaning up glitter on my face upon first application, but then later on during the day I was constantly finding more and more glitter falling out onto my face. 

Glitter on the face isn't exactly good for this 37 year old, grocery shoppin' mom.  It's more for a 20 year old, club hoppin' (or 37 year old, I don't judge, I love a good club hop every now and again).  But you get my point...you don't want to wander into your 9-5 with glitter on your cheeks, looking like you strolled in from the bar.  So it's a bust for me in that respect.   

When you use a glitter glue the product will stay better on your eyes, but again, it's only temporary until it starts to fall onto your face.....and in your contacts....yes, that did happen to me, it hurts.  I just couldn't get this product to work right for me.

As much as I am hating to admit it, I can't say I'd give this a passing grade.  I just can't handle the glittery mess it creates.  I will clean up shadow fall out all day long, so long as it is powder.  But, this glittery chunks are stubborn to get off your face.  And there's no chance of saving your face makeup if you get the glitter fallout after you've done your foundation.  I don't want to worry about glitter falling out after I'm done out the door either because it doesn't want to stay on my eyes.  I had it falling in my contacts and all over the place by the end of the day and that just won't work for me. 

I will keep playing around with this pallet and see if I can figure something out, but for now, I won't recommend this. 

Well, that's all I have for today.  I hope you enjoyed and will come back and visit me again here at 523.  I will see you all again really soon.  Until next time, take care.

-Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment