Friday, September 21, 2018

Tutorial #2 City Mini Blushed Ave.

I was saying the other day, that I can't believe I found yet another Maybelline City Mini pallet at the store.  I keep swearing that I have finally collected all of them...but again they surprise me with more pallets being released.


If you have been with me for any length of time, you'll know that I completely adore the little pallets.  They are so travel friendly and compact, but the quality of them is out of the world....except the Girls Night Glimmer....that one lacks a bit of everything.  But out of the majority of them, they are fantastic.

Today, I am bringing you another Blushed Ave. tutorial using the gorgeous purple color.  So, let's jump right in, shall we?

First up I used the color B and brushed it all throughout my crease for some transitioning color.


Remember that potted liner / brow pomade / cream shadow from my last Boxy Charm?  Well, I used it all over my lid with a little concealer brush....just keeping it on the lid only.


Next I took another flat brush and picked up color C and then spritzed it with setting spray.  I applied the color all over the brown cream shadow.


I went in with a small but fluffy brush and applied (dry) color C right above the purple on the lid.  The point here is to make the dark purple blend into the lighter (dry) purple....does that make any sense at all?


I went back with my fluffy brush and color B and very lightly applied it to the outer border of the purple...this allowed it to soften up a bit, blend together and ultimately not have a harsh purple line.


I went in with color D and swiped it on my brow bone for highlighting.


Black pencil liner in my water line, color C on lower lash line to smudge out the liner, black liquid line on top lash line and then finish all off with mascara.


I used the Wet N Wild Color Icon blush in Apri-cot In the Middle and for my lips I used the Maybelline Mauve Mania lip color.




 And that was all there was to my look.  What do you think?  I just can't get enough of that purple shadow color in the pallet.  I love how it takes on a severe depth with the brown cream shadow underneath it.  While purple is a very common color I have in my collection, I don't think I have a purple quite like this one from the Blushed Ave. pallet.

Tell me what you think....Are you a purple shadow fan?  I really think purple flatters all types of skin tones.  But that's just my own thoughts.  I'd love to know what pallets you are loving right now?  Tell me all about it in the comment section below.

I will be back again for some more makeup talk, really soon.  Until next time, take care.

-Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment