Friday, September 14, 2018

Revlon Colorstay Full Cover Foundation Review and Wear Test



I hope you are all having a fantastic day today.  It's been rainy this week for us.  Caleb said "mom, why is it so beautiful in the morning, but when it's time for outside recess it starts raining?" LOL

It does seem to hold off until the afternoon recently, so I suppose I can see why he's a little disappointed.  But either way, we need the rain and we don't tell Mother Nature what to do, we just live with what she does.

So, let's talk today about the Revlon Colorstay Full Cover Foundation.  I have the color 175 Natural Ochre and I feel it's a pretty good match for my skin. It retails in between $12-$14 US.  It kind of depends on where you find it as to the price you pay.  But I found mine at Walmart for $12.



Here is the run down on this product:

Full Coverage, that lasts up to 24 hours
Matte without looking cakey or dry
Lightweight / blends seamlessly
Time release technology balances skin for a continuously fresh look
Shine free formula made with water, not oil


Now, my thoughts on the claims are that yes it is full coverage.  It's not the fullest coverage I have ever seen, like the Urban Decay All Nighter; but it is a very solid medium to full coverage.  I think it covers maybe a touch more than the original Revlon Colorstay Foundation.  But "24 hours"?  That claim is really pushing it.  I saw fading at about the 9 hour mark....which I'm not complaining about, but I don't like it saying 24 hours when it's not even close to that time

Below is showing the coverage of the product.  I have broken cappalaries on my nose and redness and discoloration all over my face.....another one of those "perks" that didn't go away when pregnant with my sweet baby cakes.  

Ok, so I know I don't look like my cheerful self in the photos below, but my sweet baby cakes wasn't being so sweet with getting dressed.  I think I had already told him 999,999 times to put his shirt on.....I get a little aggravated when we get to that point.


Matte without looking cake-y or dry.  The formula is very creamy and almost a frosting like texture.  Some may call this a mousse like texture but I think of foam when I think mousse.  So, to me its thicker than mousse, more like cupcake frosting. :)



 I don't think it looks cakey or dry on my skin, but I can feel it being a drier texture than the original Colorstay Foundation.  So I don't think this is suited for every skin type.  You might really need to be an oily skin type to enjoy this foundation.  For oil control, I think it did a nice job on it.  I didn't notice oil breaking thru until about the 9th hour or so.

The photo below application at 6am and then the wear throughout the day to when I got home at 5pm.  The wear down was in the normal places I get shiny...the nose, chin hopper and the forehead.


It claims it's lightweight and blends seamlessly.  I can't quite agree totally with the lightweight claim, I feel it drying on my skin a bit, so to me that doesn't seem "lightweight".   For the blending, I do feel it blends nicely.  One thing I noticed on application was that when I used a wet Real Technique Sponge, it seemed to soak up the product.  I found that so odd that I couldn't get a good coverage with a sponge.  But when I used a brush it worked really well.  Usually its the other way around for me.  I can seem to get better coverage with the sponge, but not this time.  

Next claim is the time release technology that balances skin for a fresh look and a shine free formula.  We are going to combine the last two items.  I think that it does stay a bit longer than most of my foundations.  I had said before that I didn't notice fading or oil breaking thru until about the 9th hour, so that's pretty good for my skin.  Most foundations, including the original Revlon Colorstay will start it's breakdown around the 5 or 6 hour.  So this stood up to that one really well.

So overall I do think this is a pretty good foundation.  I think the only gripe I might have is that it doesn't just melt into the skin like the the original Revlon Colorstay does.  It just glides on nice and smooth and dries down comfortably, but this one just won't do that.  But, its not a deal breaker of a foundation, and if you have oily skin, this may be something that does not bother you...you are in it for the oil control; which is a little better than the original Colorstay does.  So those are my thoughts on the Revlon Colorstay Full Cover Foundation.

It's an overall good product and I'm happy to recommend it to others, but I would only recommend it to oily skinned individuals.  But as anything else, these are just my own thoughts.

Well, I think that's all there is for today.  I hope it was informative and I hope you will all come back again and visit me soon.  Next week I will show you just what makeup products I got with my birthday money and will do a couple tutorials on the new products.  I'm excited because I found ANOTHER Maybelline City Mini pallet, I didn't have yet.

I will see you all again, soon.  Until next time, take care.

-Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment