Friday, September 28, 2018

Last tutorial and final thoughts on EmilyNoel83 x Makeup Revolution The Wants pallet

Happy Friday!! I am so ready for the weekend!! I actually don't know why though, its not like I'm doing anything exciting...that I know of, at least.  But I guess I'm just ready to sleep in a bit. 



So today is the very last day of my series of using the EmilyNoel83 The Wants pallet from Makeup Revolution.  Are you excited to see the very easy smokey look I did?  Well, let's get to it...

First up I went in very easily with Hobby (A) and used it all throughout my crease.  I wanted to start out very light and work my way into the depth of the look. Then I went with Apartment (B), which is a bit darker of a brown and used it right below, overlapping Hobby. 



Ok, here's where we get dark and smokey.  I patted Dark and Early (D) all over my lid, but then I took it to the outer V and blended it over towards the crease a bit.  I also went back with a fluffy brush and blended the edges of Dark and Early so it transitioned into Apartment better.  Go very light and easy when applying Dark and Early and don't forget to blend.  Next I used Oh Heavens (E) in the inner corner of my eye for much needed brightness.



I lined my upper lash line with black liquid liner and my lower water line with black pencil.



Now, here's where my camera shut off on me.  I used Apartment (C) to smudge out the lower lash line and then used Cream to highlight the brow bone.  At first I wasn't going to mess with the brow bone, but it just looked bare and needed something.  Now, you will want to curl your lashes and apply a good dose of mascara.  When your lids are this dark and smokey your lashes can get lost really easily.  If I wasn't worried about time, I would have just applied false lashes, but I didn't.  I think that I am going to recreate this look this coming weekend and use falsies to amp it up even farther.

For my lips I went in with Loreal's Freida's Nude and my blush was the Wet N Wild in Apri-cot in the Middle.  And there's the final look.




I like doing these types of smokey eyes because of how easy they are, and the drama it creates is outstanding.

Now, let's look at all of the swatches for this pallet.

Here's the pallet and in the photos below you will see the swatches on my arm from each horizontal row.




For my final thoughts on this pallet....I LOVE it!! I think Emily and Makeup Revolution did an absolute stellar job on creating and executing this pallet.  The quality is phenomenal and the price being only $20 is amazing!! 

I would stamp my seal of approval all over this pallet and say that it's a wonderful staple to have in your collection.  It has some color to play with but it also has very comfortable shades to appeal to anyone on any occasion. 

The shades are not overly shocking pigmented, but not under pigmented either.  I think they struck a very nice balance with how they apply.  They are very soft shadows and have a bit of fallout, but not so much that it makes an obscene mess all over your face either.

The pallet package is very durable, the mirror is the entire size of the top lid and while the pallet in size is big, its not bulky but actually very thin.  So, I give it two Texas sized thumbs up in my makeup collection!

Well, I think I've said all I can about this pallet.  I'm kind of sad that my series on this pallet is over, but excited to start using the Maybelline Soda Pop pallet next.  I won't quit using The Wants pallet, but I have a few more pallets I need to start trying out, along with my Boxy Charm and Ipsy box reviews.  So I've got my plate full right now. 

But for today, and this week, that's all I got.  I hope you enjoyed and it was somewhat helpful.  If you have any questions, just let me know and I'll answer to the best of my ability.  But for now, I will talk to you all again next week.  Until next time, take care.

-Kim




No comments:

Post a Comment