Thursday, September 20, 2018

Throw Back Thursday - Makeup Revolution's White Chocolate Bar Pallet



And here we are on this beautiful Thursday.  How has you week been so far?  Mine has been ok.  I had to send a shameful email to Caleb's teacher because I accidentally threw away his homework page AND his science test study guide.  Have I ever told you just how blessed, grateful and absolutely lucky I am to have him in that school?  Oh gosh, I could go on and on, but I won't.  But anyways, I sent an email explaining what I did, and how Caleb and I will both work together and to make sure it doesn't happen again.  She was so understanding about it and she didn't have to be.  But later on she emailed me to let me know that even though Caleb didn't have his study guide to review for his science test, he still made an A on it.  :)

Ok, you are not here to listen to me babble about my love for Caleb's school....let's talk oldies but really, really goodies in makeup.  Today we are throwing it back about 4 years ago, I believe.  Lorac came out with their rose gold pallet, I believe the name of it is called Unzipped.  That very same year Makeup Revolution came out with their version of it.  They call is the White Chocolate Bar pallet.  While I have no idea if it's a dupe (though many say it is) to the Lorac, I do know that this was the first pallet from Makeup Revolution I ever bought and I was hooked.


The colors are so soft and can be built up to severe intensity, but they don't start out so harsh in pigment either.  They are very user friendly.

The look you see above is a look that I have used countless times and each time, I love the turnout.  So today we are going old school with the Makeup Revolution White Chocolate Bar pallet.

Ready? Let's go....

First I used color 1 on a fluffy blending brush all throughout my crease.  I then used color 2 on a smaller fluffy brush and deepened the outer V and ran it in the lower part of my crease...just below the first color.


I went in with a flat brush and deepened the outer third of my lid and blended slightly upwards with color 4.  With color 3 I applied it to the brow bone....perfect shade for this part.


I grabbed my flat shader brush and setting spray.  After packing color 5 on the brush, I spritzed it down with the setting spray and applied it all over the first 2/3rds of my lid....and stopping right at the darker outer V.


Because this creates a very harsh line between color 5 and color 4 on the lid, I went in with the flat brush and applied color 6 right on the middle part of the lid for a nice transition.  Then used color 7 in the inner corner of my eye for tons of brightness and shine.


I went in with dark brown pencil liner in my lower water line and smudged it out with a mix of color 1 and 2.


Black liquid liner on top and mascara and the eye look was complete.  For blush I used the Milani Baked blush in Berry Amore and for my lips I used Revlon HD Matte Lipcolor in Addiction.


And there you have it.  A striking gold and burgandy look using Makeup Revolution's Chocolate Bar pallet.  I have one more go to look I enjoy wearing, using this very pallet and I have thought about possibly doing next week's Throw Back Thursday with it again to show you the other tutorial.


Well, that's all I have for today.  Let me know how you liked it.  Do you have the Lorac Unzipped pallet?  Have you ever tried Makeup Revolution products?  Let me know all about it in the comment section below.  I hope you will come back and visit me again here at 523 really soon.  I will be back again with more next time.  Until then, take care.

-Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment