Thursday, September 6, 2018

Throw Back Thursday - Fergie by Wet N Wild Pallet and Milani Matte Liquid Lipstick in Matte About You




Wow, it's Thursday already?!  I can't believe how quickly the week has gone by so far.  Next thing you know it will be Halloween.  :)  But let's not get too far ahead of ourselves.  Today is another throw back Thursday, whereas I go through my collection and revive the products from the past and use them in a tutorial.  Today's products are the Fergie Desert Carnival eyeshadow pallet from Wet N Wild and Milani's Liquid Lipstick in Matte About You. 



I can't quite remember when Fergie from the Black Eyed Peas group collabed with Wet N Wild Cosmetics, but it quite a few years back, I believe.  But, her pallet was dug out of my stash today for my throw back Thursday post.  I also rumaged through and found my beloved Milani Matte Liquid Lipstick in Matte About You to pair with it.  I simply adore this color!! It's a perfect color to transition from Summer to Fall...don't you think? 

So let's jump into how I used these two products.... First up I used the color C very lightly in my crease area.  I just went a little by little until I built it up to what I wanted.  I wasn't really feeling the full on orange today, so I just went light handed.


I went in with color B and packed it all over my lid, but I did leave the inner fourth without shadow.


I went into color D (again, very lightly) and swept it in my outer V.  


I used color A and patted it on the inner fourth of my eye lid.


I decided to line my upper lash line with the Physcian's Formula Eye Booster Eye Pen in brown....I'm regretting that decision.  I thought I had learned my lesson with this brown pen, but apparently not.  It's just not as precise as the black one.  I think I just got a bad one.  But either way, I did use it today.



I went in with a cream pencil liner on my water line and then went with an angled brush and color D then used it on my lower lash line.


After heavy coats of mascara, I went in with my blush.  Today I used the Blossomtime Rose from Milani. And then it was time for the lipcolor.  I loved using this Milani color, it just brightens up the entire look. 


And there you have it, my throw back Thursday using the Wet N Wild Fergie pallet in Desert Carnival and the Milani Liquid Lipstick in Matte About You.  

I think this is such a great classic look that can go anywhere and be appropriate at anytime.  I love to pair simple, lighter eye looks with a lip color that, while it may not be vampy or bright red, it's still got an added something to it that gives it the extra pop.  

That's all the makeup talk I have for today.  I am so glad you stopped by to see me today and hope you were inspired to dig through your stash and find those lost hidden gems to use again.  Thanks for being here and your support.  I will see you all again soon.  Until next time, take care.

-Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment