Monday, October 1, 2018

My Personal Drug Store Must Haves - Night Time Facial Routine





Hi my sweet friends!! How are you doing this week?  I'm doing quite well, considering my busy looming October schedule.  This is the time of year when each and every weekend is completely booked from Fridays all the way thru Sundays and will remain that way up until the middle of the November month.  I get exhausted just thinking about all the things coming up, and hope I don't forget or miss something important. 


But anyways, I wanted to talk to day about my "drugstore must haves".  I will have to break this all up into a couple different posts, because there would be too much to list out.  So today I'm focusing on my nighttime face routine and then we will get to the morning and then ultimately body care and finish it all up with makeup favs.  I hope you enjoy!! Let's get started.


First up, I'm a pretty basic girl.  I do love my masks, glycolic treatments, microderms, etc. for those  pamper times and special needed treatments, but for the most part I am a wash, tone and moisturize kinda girl during my normal day to day life. 

The first thing at night that I do is to remove my makeup.  I think that these daily facial cloths are the perfect fix for getting the makeup off.  The soap doesn't burn my eyes when I'm removing my eye makeup and I don't have to scrub to get it all off either. 

I like to use one to get all the makeup off of my face and then go in with one more to do a thorough cleansing of my face.  I do the double cleanse with these and they work wonderfully for it. 

I do go with the Equate version because I have used the Daily Facials from Olay and have yet to tell the difference in the two, so I figure I'd save the $2 and just buy the Equate brand. 




If I have stubborn eye makeup to remove or false lashes I will use the Garnier Micellar Water to remove the makeup and lashes first, then go in with the facial cloth.




My next step in my night time process is to tone.  For that I will go with witch hazel astringent and a cotton pad to wipe all over my face.  I am not particular on the brand that I buy, but usually the Dickinson's is the most cost effective.   I started using witch hazel when I was doing a ton of glycolic acid treatments and needed something that wouldn't burn my face off....because the acid was doing just that.  So I started using it and ended up liking it so much that I just kept using it.




Next it's time to moisturize, and for years I had been using this St. Ives Collagen and Elastin Moisturizer.  I had originally bought this because it was a nice soothing cream for when I used to do heavy glycolic acid treatments and needed a good moisturizer to follow up with that wouldn't add to the burn of the acid.  This fit the bill.  I've just realized that the majority of what I use is because I was looking for something gentle to use after heavy glycolic acid treatments......hmmmm, interesting.  I can't believe I just now noticed that pattern....anyways, it became a moisturizer I loved using at night so I just kept on.  And, apparently Dr. Oz recommends it as the best nighttime cream for collagen producing.  I don't care much about that, but I thought I'd mention it, in case anyone does care.



And that's all I do at night time for my skincare routine.  It's really simple and very inexpensive and that's just how I love it!!

I'd love to know what your go to's are for night time skin care are.  I love trying new stuff and for some reason, I love knowing what others use....is that strange?  I've always loved having a glimpse into other people's live to know what works and what doesn't.  LOL  But anyways, tomorrow I will have my continuation of these post with my morning skin care routine. 

I hope you will come back and visit me really soon.  Until next time, take care.

-Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment