Thursday, August 30, 2018

Throw Back Thursday - Maybelline The Nudes Pallet




Happy Thursday!! How has your week been so far?  I hope it is all going great for you.  Today we are taking a trip back to around 2013-14 ish...when Maybelline came out with The Nudes, which is their version of the Naked Pallet that Urban Decay had made so undeniably popular.  When I saw EmilyNoel83 post her review and tutorial, I knew I had to seek it out.  At that time, I believe the pallet cost around $10 US.  Which is not too bad of a price and quite reasonable for 12 pan pallets and especially compared to the $20 we have since seen with Milani.  But at the time, that was the most I had spent on a single drugstore pallet.  But I wasn't disappointed.  While a bit powdery, I still thought the shadows were a fantastic value. 

You can see just how powdery they can be from my pallet below.


So, today's Throw Back Thursday, I am going back to The Nudes and bring you a look that I was typically sporting at the time.  I hope you like it.

First up are the products I used.  I used the Maybelline The Nudes, Milani Dolce Pink blush, Maybelline Colorsensational liner in Purely Nude and the Loreal gloss in Nude Ballet.....there's alot of "nude" going on here with the products, but fear not, that's as far as the nudity will.  :)



So I first went into color #12 and dusted it all through my crease and then deepened the outer V with color #9.  I did pack the color #9 quite heavily on the outer v and blended upwards.


I went back with color #12 and patted it on the lid.  I made a little square to show you just where I did this at.  Next I went in with color #6 and patted it on the inner corner of my lid.



I put black pencil liner in my lower water line, then using color #9 I blended the outer half of the lower lash line with a pencil brush and then swept color #12 from the inner half over to the inner corner.  I again, made a little graphic for you to see where the shadows were put.  You want to make sure these overlap a bit to blend them. 



I went in with black liquid liner on my top lash line, mascara and then went for the blush.  I lined my lips very lightly (because the lip liner can be too warm with the gloss if you go to heavily on it) and then topped it with the gloss.

Then you have your look.


I have done this look many times over the years and still fall for it each time I recreate it.  I like the simplicity of it and the neutral tones.  This is a look you can go to the office with, a wedding, or a night out.  It's just a great basic look, but taken up another level.  

So, how did you like the look?  I completely forgot about that Loreal Nude Ballet gloss....wow, I forgot how much I like that gloss. :)

Well, that's it for me today.  I hope you liked it and are inspired to look in your collection and find some products you haven't used in a while and give them some love.  

I will be back again, soon.  Until next time, take care.

-Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment