Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Is this not Pikachu? Caleb says "nope", but I disagree...Pikachu inspired tutorial

There is some serious Pokemon debate going on here at 523....and I need your thoughts.



I had done a couple Pokemon inspired makeup looks, Jiggly Puff and Charmander, and decided it was high time to do a Pikachu....and while I thought I had done a pretty good job, Caleb was like "um, no mom, that's not a Pikachu....I don't know what that is".  Yep, straight from my 8 year old's mouth...  Can we say  #heartbroken

Has anyone else gotten shut down by their 8 year old?  It's pretty demoralizing for sure.  But nevertheless, I will not let that stop me from showing all of you what MY version of Pikachu inspired makeup looks like....I hope you enjoy.  And if not, please go easy, my self esteem is at an all time low from Caleb's comment.  ;)

Let's get started.....the products I used were the Maybelline Lemonade Craze pallet for my eyes, my cheeks I used the Maybelline Bouncy Blush in Hot Tamale and for lips I used the Covergirl Oh Sugar lip balm in Punch.  I wanted to really go off of Pikachu's cheek color with the lips and cheeks.



I went "old school" on my tutorial today, since my photos didn't come out of me in the process like I typically like.  Again, remember this is not a "face painting" type of look, it's an inspired by look....I have to be able to walk out of the house wearing this makeup, so keep that in mind. 




And there you have it...my version of Pikachu, 523 style. 

What did you think?  Do you ever get inspired by fictional characters?  I think this stems from the fact that I am constantly tripping over, dusting and finding in random places (like my bed) Pokemon figures, and for the past four weeks our bedtime stories have all been Pokemon related....I think I'm getting so well versed I could almost play the Pokemon card game...and possibly win. :)

Now, back to that sweet baby cakes of mine who does not like my Pikachu....we took Caleb to the Marvel Universe Live show on Sunday.  We didn't tell him where we were going until we got there.  But the funny part was that we parked by the Water Gardens in Ft. Worth and I told him that's what we came to see.  He wasn't too thrilled but then we went to the front of the building and he then saw why we were actually there for, so he was super excited.  I figured I'd show a couple photos of him below at the show. 



Well, that's all I have for today. I hope you enjoyed and will come back and visit me again here at 523.  I will be back again tomorrow with another Throw Back Thursday...I'm excited about tomorrow's post.

Until next time, take care.

-Kim




No comments:

Post a Comment