Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Smokey Peach Look using Covergirl Peach Punch Pallet

Wow has it been quite a week already.  We had a hard weekend, where the hubby went to the ER due to a dental procedure that turned bad.  Caleb had to miss his best friend's birthday party to stay with his grandparents while I tried to get the hubs better.  He put on a brave face about missing the party and said that he was sure he'd have fun at his Mawmaw's house anyways.  He such a sweet and caring little boy.

But, Caleb just didn't get his time with mommy and daddy this weekend like usual and it was pure havoc on him.  He stayed with me at work yesterday and today it took me over an hour to get him to calm down at his summer camp this morning so I could go to work.  It has been a rough week already it's only Tuesday.  I am hoping it will all get better really soon. 

Well today I am going to show off my tutorial for a smokey look using the Peach Punch pallet by Covergirl.  I wore this look over the weekend and really loved how it turned out.  It's got just a smidgen of peach to it, but I wanted to really make the look go more towards the cool tones this time and I knew I wanted it smokey.

I hope you enjoy.

Starting off we are going to blend color 4 all throughout the crease and then follow that up with color 8, but keeping 8 a little lower in the crease.

Next we go with color 3 to deepen the crease but keeping it on the outer half.  Then get color 6 on a flat brush, spray it down with setting spray and pack it in the outer V.  Here's where the smokey-ness comes from.

I used a black pencil liner in my lower water line and then smudged it out with color 3 again.  After that I took color 5 and put it directly on top of color 3 to lighten it up a bit.


I went in with color 1 and highlighted my brow bone and used it to blend out the crease a bit.  I also used color 6 on the middle of my lid to help blend my next shade.


Using the Covergirl Peach Punch blush pallet, I used the highlight shade to pack on the inner third of my lid and my inner corner,  I also used this as my bronzer, blush and highlight as well.  Then I lined my upper lash line with black eyeliner and coated the lashes heavily with mascara.


For lips I used the Rimmel liner in Ravish and topped it with Revlon matte lipcolor in HD Flare.

And that's all there is to my smokey look. 


I hope you enjoyed today's post and will visit me again here with more makeup talk.

Have a great day and happy rest of the week.  Until next time, take care.

-Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment