Thursday, August 23, 2018

Throwback Thursday using Maybelline's Green With Envy pallet

Happy Thursday!!  I am here with another throw back Thursday post.  This is where I pick something from my stash that hasn't been used in a long time and use it in a tutorial.  In today's TT I'm breaking out the Maybelline quad called Green with Envy. 



I remember buying this a few years back and just adoring the colors and how easy they are to work with.  And, since we have been having low 90s weather here in Texas, it has started to make me think Fall (I know that's not close to Fall, but it is here in Texas), so I thought this is a perfect Fall look to do.

First up you will want to take the color C and pack it all over the middle of your lid with a flat brush.  I turned the brush over and used the color A to pack on the inner third and the tear duct area.


On a small fluffy blender, used color D and apply it in the outer V and outer third of lid.  This would be a great time to take another clean blending brush and just lightly go over the edges of the crease area to blend it all out.  With a wispy brush, take color B and run it lightly in the upper crease area, just on the border of the green crease colors.  This will help to bring the green down a notch and add a bit of dimension to the eye look.  It's a small step, but the effects of it are big.


I used a nude eye liner in my lower water line.  Then on an angled brush I used the color D and ran it along my lower lash line from the outer corner to the middle of the eye.  With the same brush I used color C and ran it from the middle of the lower lash line to the inner corner. 


My typical black liquid liner on the top lash line was used and multiple coats of mascara and the eyes are done.

For my cheeks I went with Maybelline Fit Me blush in the color Medium Coral and for lips I used the Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid lipstick in Rosetto. 


And there you have it, your look is complete. 


I really think these little Maybelline pallets are at the top of their game in drugstore pallets.  They can be a bit dusty but with a little tapping of your brush you can create beautiful looks with the pigments that these shadows have.

I hope you enjoyed today's Throw Back Thursday and will come back and visit me again here at 523.  I have been working on my Boxy Charm review and my Ipsy bag this past week.  There are some fun stuff in those two packages this month and I can't wait to show you just what I did with them.

That's all for today, I hope you have a beautiful Thursday and until I see you again, take care.

-Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment