Friday, August 24, 2018

Ipsy Bag for August 2018

Happy Fri-YAY!! 



I have to tell you my story of what happened last night.....I am nearly finished with my computer course for my school and I was taking an open book test.  Normally I can finish these within about 30-45 minutes....last night it took me almost 3 hours to finish.  I was so cross eyed from reading and looking over my answers....the worst part was that during m sleep I was actually dreaming about computers.  Oh, the horror of that dream!!

I just can't do computers and there makeup, it's just not something I'm interested in enough to keep my attention....especially for 3 hours.  But nevertheless, I finished and I'm glad that part is over with. 

Well, enough jabbering about computers, let's get into the Ipsy bag for August 2018.

This was a pretty good bag, not the best, but still good.  It's theme is "Selfie with no filter".  Which is such a beautiful theme.  This month I received a full size highlight, full size eye shadow color, full size lip gloss (that is unbelievably adorable), a highlight brush and a travel size facial mask.


The first thing I want to talk about is the Ciate Glow To Highlighter.  It's very creamy for a shadow formula of highlight, and as you might see my face below, I was a bit taken back by the intensity of it on first swipe. It has a very silver hue to it and being this pigmented, I think this would be great for someone who either loves blinding highlights or as an inner corner highlight to compliment your eye look.  My only gripe is that it comes in this plastic package and I can't seem to get it out to get it in a makeup pallet.  I am going to keep trying, but for now, it's staying in it's box.


Since we are on the highlight, let's go ahead and talk about the SLS Miss Glam highlight brush.  I am always amazed at how beautiful her brushes are.  I have never had one shed or feel plastic like, they have always been high quality bristles and very soft.  This one is no different.  BUT on top of all that, it's PINK!! It has a pink translucent handle with glitter all throughout it, a gold ferrel and then she tops the ferrel with pink rhinestones.  I have gotten more and more excited about getting brushes when they are a beautiful and high quality as Miss Glam's are.


Moving along, we are gonna talk about The Balm's foiled eye shadow next.  The Balm has always impressed me on their shadows and this is the same, but to be quite honest, I was underwhelmed with this shadow.  It looks like a beautiful pewter color in the pan, but when applied it's more of a lighter silver instead.  Now, if I was wanting a silver shadow, then this is perfect.  But it's just not that dark on the eye as it shows in the pan and I got excited when I saw the color in the pan. 


Next item I was excited about.  It's the absolute cutest thing in the entire bag.  It's the Glamour Dolls Sweet Treats lip gloss in Peach.  This is actually a very nice gloss.  It has a nice pigment to it, but not like a lipstick type pigment, just a light glossy, peachy look.  This type of color can be tricky because sometimes they can look milky and streaky on the lips, but this one did not do that.  And who can really argue with how precious this is?  It reminds me of lip glosses I had as a child, in little cute containers.  This was a win for me.


Last item I received was the Hey Honey Youth Boosting, Honey and Copper Peel Off face mask.  I'll admit, I already had preconceived thoughts on this.  I do NOT like peel off mask.  I think that it's more use error than anything, because I get it all over the place, stuck all in my hair and then I'm too impatient to wait for it to dry in order to peel it off.  When I happen to actually wait enough time, it seems to hurt when I do peel it off.  So I just don't like any types of peel off mask and this one wasn't any different.   And again, this was primarily from user error.  This could be a great facial mask but sadly I will never know. 


And that's all I have in my August Ipsy bag.  My hits were the gloss and the brush for sure and the eye shadow and highlight followed behind.  The face mask is just not for me so it was a miss, sadly, but I think overall it was still a good bag.  

That's all I have for today.  If you subscribe to Ipsy, let me know what you got in your bag.  I'd love to know.  

I hope you all have a great weekend and I will see you all again soon.  Until next time, take care.

-Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment