Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Milani Prep+Brighten Oil - Rose Face Oil Review - An oily skin type review



Hello, and how are you doing today?  I missed yesterday, but I had a good excuse...I had to finish typing my paper for my computer class.  I don't have a computer at home and I write my blog and edit my photos on my work computer during my lunch and any little snippets of time that I have.  But I really wanted to get that darn paper done and sent in...I'm sorry if you were looking for me yesterday, but I hope you understand.

Today, I wanted to bring you a review post....this will be the first of many to come.  I have been shopping a little too much lately and have not reviewed much of what I bought and have used.  I have had plenty of time to use this product and am ready to unveil my full thoughts, what worked and how and what didn't work and why.  So let's get started.

About close to a month ago I purchased the Milani Prep+Brighten Rose Face Oil.

For ones who know nothing about me, I have very oily skin.  I have always had issues with it, it runs in the family, and it's just what I get to live with.  So why would an oily skinned complexion want to try out a face oil?  That's what I thought too....but again if you don't know me then you'll (surely) find it humorous that I easily get sucked into packaging...and true to form, I did it with this product.

So let's start there...I mean look at the packaging, it's unbelievably stunning!!


It's a gorgeous rose colored, frosted glass bottle with a beautiful gold top to it.  I can't get over just how fantasticly sucked into this product I got because of how glamourous it looks.

SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME THEY FEEL THE SAME!! (Desperately begging and crying!!)

Well anyways, I love this bottle...so much in fact that it hasn't left the bathroom vanity counter top.  Nope, it's still there in that same spot. Although it's moved an inch or so, depending on where I set it each night after using it.

So, after about a month of daily using this product, I have not yet hit the halfway mark on the bottle.  That's a plus in my book, especially being that the price of this little 1 oz bottle is $14.00 US.

(Yep, I took this in my car...just this morning.  I forgot I wanted to show how much was used)


So while it's very beautiful, let's talk about the claims it makes and whether or not it lived up to those with me.

It says it has almond, sunflower, jojoba AND apricot oil all inside of this sweet little bottle.  Now, what is this supposed to do for us?  It states that this will brighten and balance your skin.

It also states it's weightless, fast absorbing, moisture providing and gives a perfect canvas for your makeup application.

Weightless:
Alrighty then, well, it's weightless that's for sure.  It says to only use one or two drops and rub it into your hands and then onto your face, body or hair.  Well one or two drops didn't cut it for me.  I actually used more.

Side note....I have been under a tremendous amount of stress lately and breakouts have been too frequent for me to get a handle on.  So I have since turned to Benzoyl Peroxide cream each night and of course it dries out my skin to an itchy unbearable mess.  I actually wake up scratching my face.

The reason for buying this oil was to see if it would provide great moisture to my skin at night to help overcome the dryness that the benzoyl perxoide left behind.

So weightless is very accurate, but for me what was good was that even though it was "weightless" and said to only use one or two drops, I was able to use more drops and get more of a heavier application which really helped with my dryness.

Fast Absorbing:
I do think that if you use the one to two drops that yes this is fast absorbing.  When you use more, you will need to wait about 15 minutes for it to sink in.  So if you are using it before makeup make sure to ONLY use the one or two drops.

Moisture Providing:
Again, if I used a half of a dropperful then "yes" it was very moisturizing.  It was a very soothing feeling for me to use this on my skin after the benzoyl peroxide cream at night.  But I did not find it moisturizing enough with only a couple drops during my nightime routine.  NOW, if you are putting it under your makeup then again "yes" it will provide moisture....but you will still need to apply a sunscreen and that typically comes from your moisturizer.  To me if you want the best moisture from it, I think you need to use it at night and more than just a drop or two.

Here's how much I use....again, yes this was taken in the car. :)



This is completely ironic but I did notice that after using it for the past month that during the day my makeup breakdown from my oily skin was slightly less than before.  I noticed that while my face still did produce oil in my t-zone, it wasn't quite as much as before.  I think that was because of the added moisture that it gave my skin, and perhaps my skin did not feel the need to over produce because it was hydrated enough....at least that's my thoughts.

Gives Perfect Canvas for Makeup Application:
 I didn't notice a difference between using it before and not using it before makeup.  You have to put this under your sunscreen and / or moisturizer and / or primer.  even after a month of using it, I didn't see my makeup applying any differently than any other time.  It did take a little longer for my foundation to dry down (even with setting powder) when I used it under my makeup.  I wasn't too fond of that.  But for it making my makeup look any different it did not do that.  I did NOT notice a difference in the wear time from before when wearing it under my makeup.

Brightening:
This is one of the main claims in the product, but sadly I can't say it did anything at all for brightening my skin.  I didn't notice any difference after using it a month.  Maybe it takes longer? But I think four or five weeks is plenty of time to at least see some sort of brightening, but sadly I did not.

Scent / Irritants:
Well yes, this does have a very light rose smell to it.  If you are sensitive to scents, I think this might be light enough where it does not bother you.  But if you love heavy floral scents, then this will not be rose smelling enough for you.  For me, I don't care either way on smells, but I know that a lot of people like to know about the scent.  It doesn't irritate my skin and I didn't breakout or such with this product.

Final Thoughts:
I am still using it and really liking what it has done for my face.  I do feel it provides a good dose of moisture for nightime for my skin.  My skin is no longer dry from the benzoyl peroxide usage, like it would typically be.  But my skin is not overly oily either from the oil being too heavy.  I will continue to use this product because I DO think it has done some good things for my skin.  While it didn't brighten or make my skin a "perfect canvas for makeup" it does give me plenty of moisture to keep the oil production down a bit but not too much to make my skin crazy slick either. 

So there you have it....what do you think?  Is putting oil on your face give you a "red flag" syndrome? It scared the crap out of me at first, because I am very oily.  Plus the price tag of $14 wasn't too appealing for something that could make my skin even worse.  But luckily it all worked out for the best.

So the verdict is in for me and I like it for sure and would recommend it, if asked.

That's all I have to post about today.  I hope you found it useful or perhaps entertaining at the least.  Let me know if you have ever used a face oil or what your thoughts are about using one.

Until next time, take care.


No comments:

Post a Comment