Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Seaside Sweetie and Girl's Night Glimmer Look

Happy Tuesday!!  How are you on this gorgeous hot Tuesday?  I'm sittin' cool in the A/C and doing quite well.  Oh, you guys, I am on my very last assignment for my computer class this week.  I am so excited to be finishing that class up, finally!! I think that's why it's such a happy week for me.  Next week I'll be starting in on English Composition and I am thrilled....not sarcastically thrilled, but really excited.  English is my favorite subject to study...well next to history that is, so I can't wait to get started on the next class.  So that was just some random stuff about me that I'm sure you weren't interested in.  

Anyways, let's get to why you came here, cause it wasn't computers and English composition.




I was cleaning up the makeup room a bit this past weekend and stumbled upon two pallets that I forgot I had.  One is the Elf Clay eye shadow pallet in Seaside Sweetie and the other is one of the Maybelline City Mini pallets in Girl's Night Glimmer.  I wanted to do a three in one look with the City Mini like I have for all the other, but this one has proven to be a bit more difficult than that.  



It's filled to the brim with glitter (or glimmer is what they call it).  And I am stuck trying to get complete looks with this pallet alone.  While cleaning out the makeup room, I came across the Elf Clay pallet in Seaside Sweetie, which is a satin matte pallet that looked like a good fit to combine with the City Mini.  So that's the look I am showing today.  I hope you like it.


First up take color #4 in the Elf pallet and sweep it in your crease, but be careful not to go too far over towards the inner part of your eye.  Sometimes blueish colors such as these can bring out a blue tone to your inner eyes and make you look bruised.  So keep it concentrated on the outer third of the crease and V and blend just slightly over.



In the City Mini I used the color #6 and packed onto the outer half of my lid.  This is actually a gorgeous, deep color. This just amped up the look so much, I thought.  




Next I went with the color #2 and some setting spray and packed it on the inner half of my lid.




I went back to the Elf pallet and used color #4 and ran it along my lower lash line.  I also used a cream colored eyeliner in my lower water line and lined my top lash line with black liquid liner.




I decided I wanted the outer corner of my lower lash line to be defined a bit more, so I went back to the City Mini and color #6 and an angled brush and ran it from the outer corner to about midway in.




I finished off with mascara, then used the the Loreal Color Riche lipstick in Freida's Nude and then used the blush from the the Covergirl Peach Punch Blush pallet.  And that complete's the look.




Well, that's all I have for today, I hope you enjoyed it and will come back and visit me again here at 523.  I will talk to you all again, really soon.  Until next time, take care.

-Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment