Thursday, August 16, 2018

Throwback Thursday: Featuring Maybelline Designer Chocolates Quad and Milani's Plum Rose Lipcolor

Happy Thursday!!



Yesterday was Caleb's first day at 2nd grade.  He's growing up waayyy too fast for mommy.  But doesn't he look super cute in his little uniform with his Pokemon backpack?  :)



So lately I had been watching some of BailyB's makeup tutorials on Youtube and she was doing a throwback look, using products she had already on hand, some older makeup that has been forgotten about and she's now getting some more use with it.  I thought that was a fantastic idea and decided to shop around my stash and see just what products still lingering that I had forgotten I liked.  That's what today's post is going to be all about. 

I'm doing a throw back Thursday with some products that haven't gotten much love in a long time...I hope you enjoy.

I'm using the Maybelline quad in Designer Chocolates, Milani blush in Berry Amore and the Milani Color Statement lipstick in Plum Rose.  These have been long time favorites of mine but other than the blush, the other two products have been pushed to the back of my collection gathering dust.  I decided to pull them out and show you just how I used them. 





With the Maybelline Designer Chocolates quad, I first used the color labeled "lid" and packed it all over my lid.  While the color in the pan looks tan-ish colored, it didn't show up on my skin very well because it was the exact same color at my eyelid.  So it might be a waste of time if you are the same skin toned as me....but I did it anyways.




Next I went in the pink color labeled "crease" and applied it in my crease and onto the lid, but only from the outer V to about 3/4 of the way in on my lid.  


After that I took the "liner" color and applied it to the outer V.  This color is not very pigmented so if you want some definite contrast, you will need some setting spray to use on it.  But I went ahead and left it more lighter and just allowed it to be a slight definition for my outer V



I then went in with the "base" color and packed it on the inner third of my eye and my tear duct for brightness.


After adding black liquid liner to my top lash line, I then used the "liner" color and lined my lower lash line with it.  I decided to omit the liner for my waterline today and just keep it light and simple.



After I applied mascara, my eye look was complete.  I used the Milani Berry Amore blush and the Milani Statement Color Lipstick in Plum Rose to complete my look.




For my thoughts on these products....I think I will forever love this blush, while it doesn't get a ton of use, it does get a lot of use whenever I do berry type looks.  So the blush I still love.  The lipstick is a fantastic color, but I remembered why I don't use these all that often....they all have weird smells to them.  For some reason all of these lipsticks smell like Play-Doh.  But the smell isn't enough to drive me away for too long.  Now for the eyeshadow.  I love the look of this pallet and the concept of the colors together....but I really wish there were a bit more pigment to them.  I really want that pink color to really pop on my eyes and it is just lackluster, and that makes me really sad.  But I still really do like the look I came out with using the pallet.  I just think I might be bringing in some setting spray to see if I can amp up the colors a bit.  

That's all the makeup talk I have for today.  I hope you enjoyed and will come back again and visit me here at 523.  I will be back again soon, so until next time, take care.

-Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment