Monday, October 22, 2018

Which eye cost $49 and which eye cost $9....can you tell the difference?

Happy Monday!!



I'm so happy to have you here with me at 523 today!! I have such an exciting post....I just love these types of post, so that's where my excitement comes from...but today I'm showing you a makeup look I did.  On one eye I used the Urban Decay Naked 2 pallet and on the other I used the Maybelline The Nudes pallet.  I will also be giving you a tutorial on how I did the eye look on the Maybelline side so you can recreate it, if you want.  Let's get started...


First thing is to determine which eye look is the Urban Decay 2 that cost a hefty $49.  Can you tell?  The eye on the right? or the eye on the left?  Look closely....



What are your thoughts?  Are you ready to see which eye is the $49 and which eye is the $9?  Ok, here it is.




How'd you do? Did you guess the correct eye?  Oh, how much I adore these types of post!!

So, what do you think of the eye look?  I wore it to Caleb's school carnival this weekend and then we went out with a bunch of friends afterwards.  It was such an easy look to accomplish and I really thought it was so beautiful. 

Ok, so...how'd I accomplish this look....

First up I wanted to make sure the shadows really showed up on my lids.  When you have a medium skin tone color, these taupe colored eye shadows can be muted out quite a bit so my best tip is to use a lighter concealer and cover the eyelid with it.  I then use a translucent powder to set it with also. 


Next I went in with the taupe color #1 on the Maybelline pallet (Tease on the Naked 2) and swept it all throughout the crease.  I just gradually added more and more, until it was built up to the intensity that I wanted.  I also applied this to the outer third of my lid.



Next with my finger I used color #2 on Maybelline pallet (Bootycall on the Naked 2) and packed it on the inner 2/3rds of my lid...allowing it to get right up and blend with the first color.



I used a black pencil liner to line my lower lash line....heavily.  And then went back with the color #1 (Tease) and smudged it all out, using a pencil brush.



I applied black liquid liner to my top lash line and made a nice wing with it.  Then I applied mascara, curled my lashes and then to top it all off, I applied false lashes.  These are the Demi Baby Wispies by Ardell.



I used Milani's Tea Rose blush and then went in with Born With It by Maybelline for my lips to give it the light baby pink.  I think the lips and cheek went perfectly with this eye look.



I used the zodiac Air highlight from Wet N Wild on my inner tear duct and the tops of my cheek bones to highlight.



And there is the final look.




What did you think?  You don't have to use false eyelashes, but I wanted a very heavy black lash to help emphasize the more neutral colors on my eyes.  I think it strikes a perfect balance of glam.

This look was very simple to create.  I think the only thing that makes it a little more challenging is if you aren't too familiar with liquid liner or false lashes.  If you don't want to use black liquid liner, you can define your top lash line with an angle brush that has been spritzed with setting spray (or water) and dipped into the black shadow on the Maybelline pallet.  You then will just run it across your upper lash line, staying as close as possible to the lash line.  This will give the upper lash line a more dramatic effect without the hassle of liquid liner.  Make sure to curl those lashes and go heavy on the mascara to make your lashes really show up.


Well, that's all I have for Monday, I hope you enjoyed and will come back and visit me again here at 523!! I will see you all again really soon.  Until next time, take care.


-Kim




No comments:

Post a Comment