Friday, October 19, 2018

Covergirl Chocolate Scented Bronzer Review



Hi sweet friends!! And happy Friday!!

The hubs and I had our first parent / teacher conference for the year, this morning.  Caleb's not in trouble or anything, the school requires it to receive the students first report card for the year.  So anyways, we got a stellar report on Caleb!! He's doing so well in school...we couldn't be more proud of his hard work, and his teacher feels the same.  I was just bubbling with excitement after our conference.  :)

Well, I don't think you came here to talk about Caleb's grades (even though he got a 98 on his math for the 6 weeks).....you are here to talk makeup.  So let's get to it.

Today I'm reviewing and showing you a during application of how I used the Covergirl Chocolate Contour pallet.



Let's look at swatches first...

It contains two VERY shimmery highlight shades. One very pink and one very golden color.  Then there is a cool toned contour color.  The contour color appears matte for the most part, but there just seems to be something in it....nothing glowy, but just a......sheen of some sort.  It's the slightest bit of sheen, and I can't see it on my face or in the pan, but I can see it in the swatch.  It's very unique, that is for sure.



Now, I am a light to medium skin toned girl.  So, this contour is a great match for me.

However, the highlight shades are a bit more trickier to work with on my color of skin.  The pink looks really pretty and wearable, but the gold.....well, I'm just too light skinned for the golden color to look good on me.

So I went with the pink.  After swatching the two highlight shades, I really thought that even the pink would be too dark on my skin.  I was already thinking of it as being a blush topper, but when I blended it out, it turned out beautiful.....at least, I thought so.



The contour color is phenomenal!!  I think it's a perfect color for me! I like that it has a slight sheen to it, whereas it helps to keep it from looking muddy on the skin.  BUT, watch out....this has some serious pigment to it.

The first time I used the contour, I had to wipe off my makeup and start over.  There was no amount of blending or toning it down with powder that would help the dark streak under my cheek bone.   But that's my fault for assuming.......now, when it's applied lightly, it has a beautiful look to it.

Below is where I have actually applied it lightly.



Now, for the smell....as you know we have plenty of "scented" products in our little world of makeup.  At first it was usually contained to the high end makeup products, but our drugstores have been stepping it up in scented makeup.

So, this one DOES smell like cocoa powder.  It's not the sweet smell like the Too Faced Chocolate Bar pallet, its more of actual un-sweetened cocoa powder smell.  I'd call it more semi-sweet chocolate smell.  :)

But the scent doesn't really bother me much.  I'm not one who is sensitive to scents, so I'm perfectly fine with the smell.  But, if you are sensitive, beware, because this is a very strong cocoa powder scent.

My overall thoughts:

I think this pallet is worth it for the contour alone on me.  If you are too much darker, you probably won't see too much contouring with the depth of this color.  But I think that if you are medium skin toned or lighter, it works out beautifully.

The highlights are beautiful and as you can see they swatch very well and blend out nicely on the skin.

The pink color is the one I use as my actual highlight on my face, and I think is so pretty.  The golden color, while I don't use it on my skin because of how dark it is....I do use it as an eye shadow.  This brings me to my next comment.

These colors are perfect for a neutral eye look.  The golden color is gorgeous on the lid and then with the contour color, blended out into the crease.  This makes such an easy and effortless look, that really looks beautiful on the eyes and it's a very classic look.

So my overall thoughts are that I really do like this pallet and will continue using it.


Well, I think that's all I have to say about the pallet.  I hope you found it helpful or interesting, and will come back and visit me again here at 523.

I will be back next week with more makeup talk.  Until next time, take care.

-Kim


Some links may be affiliate for Amazon to earn from qualifying purchases

No comments:

Post a Comment