Thursday, October 25, 2018

Rimmel Crimson - Tutorial #2 PLUS a new lip product try on



Hi everyone and welcome to Thursday!! I hope your week has been good and your weekend will be even better.  We are taking Caleb to the zoo Saturday night.  We are meeting up with his best friend in the entire world, to trick or treat around the zoo.  This is Caleb's favorite thing to do for Halloween and because he only sees this friend about three times per year, he gets even more excited when we go. 

Today I am bringing you tutorial #2 using the Rimmel Magnif'eye Crimson pallet.  I am still planning on doing a deep dark magenta and black look as well as a very light and easy daytime look.  But today I decided on this look because I found a new lip product that I was excited to try out, and I thought this eye look would go great with the lip color.  Let me know what you think....



First up I went in with color #3 and swept it all throughout my crease.  Be VERY careful with this color...it is very pigmented.  Just dip your brush in lightly and even tap off extra and start there.  Next, I decided to go with color #2 and deepen the outer V. I was going to use the dark brown (#1) but I didn't want to lose the red color in the look I was going for.  Then you want to blend it out.



I took a flat brush and packed on color #7 on the middle of my lid and overlapped the color #2 a bit.  This color is almost identical to my crease color, but it has shimmer in it.  Since I will be using a high shimmer color on the inner part of my lid, I wanted to make the middle have some shine to it as well.  So if you couldn't tell already, you will see that I used color #4 (the very golden shimmer) on my inner part of my lid and blended slightly over a bit.




I used Nyx I Have a Headache for my brow bone highlight.....this is the one I keep in my "daily drawer" because not all pallet have matte light colors that are good for the brow bone.  I do heavily recommend this Nyx single if your skin is about the same as mine.




I went in with a cream colored pencil in my lower water line for brightness.  Sometimes if you have a lot of reddish colors on your eye look, it can make you look tired, so I always recommend using either a cream colored pencil in the lower water line or even go with a colored liner such as dark brown or black.  But leaving it bare can sometimes make the eye look kind of "off".
So, the liner on the water line and then I use a small angle brush and color #3 to line the lower lash line.




My usual black liquid liner on top and tons of mascara.





Then I went in with Milani's Berry Amore for my blush.




Now, for the lips.  I found this Hard Candy Glitterazi Press and Play Glitter Reveal Lip Color in Dazzle.  I also bought a red one and I will use it in another tutorial later.  But anyways, it says it's a liquid lipstick.  After you apply it, you smoosh your lips together and it reveals the glitter. 





While it didn't show the amount of glitter on the display case photo at the store, I did see some definite flakes of shimmer.  I'm more excited to try out the red one next.  But I thought this brownish nude color would look good with my reddish brown eye look.  And, that was all there was to my look. 




What do you think?  How about the lips....do you see the glitter?  You can most certainly feel the glitter....which I am not a big fan of that, but I will see how it wears throughout the day.


So, that's all I have for today.  I hope you all have a wonderful day, and I will see you all again really soon.

Until next time, take care.

-Kim





No comments:

Post a Comment