Monday, October 15, 2018

Maybelline Soda Pop Tutorial #2


Hello and welcome back.  I was only here for two other posts last week, I had so many papers I had to write for my class, so that had to take priority. But that class is over with now and I am ready to get back to writing for fun...not a grade. :)


Anyways, today I'm doing another look using my Maybelline Soda Pop pallet.  This is one of my favorite looks so far with this little pallet.  I don't know what it is about orange eye shadow lately, but its been so much fun to play with lately.  And, don't be too scared of the orange eyeshadow, either, it's not as frightening as it looks in the pan.  So, without further ado, let's hop to it.


First thing to do, is to take Orange Crush and Ginger Ale and sweep it all throughout your crease.  You want these two mixed together to give you a flush of the orange color first.



Next go solely into the Orange Crush and apply it just a touch lower than the mix of OC and GA.  This will overlap and that's what will allow our transition between colors.




Then go into Cola Float with a smaller brush and apply it to the lower crease area and on the outer V area of the eye.  Here's where your definition will come into play.



Next go in with Sugar High on a flat brush and pack it onto the middle part of your lid.  Allow it to slightly overlap the outer V Cola Float color.



Then take my absolute favorite color in this pallet....Tonic and pack it on the inner third of your eye and slightly overlap the Sugar High just a bit for blending purposes.



I lined my upper lash line with black liquid liner and gave myself a wing.  Then on a small angled brush I used Root Beer and lined my lower lash line with it.  I was very precise with this.



Then I went in with Orange Crush and blended the Root Beer out using a pencil brush.



Mascara on your lashes, then Wet N Wild's Apricot in the Middle blush and Flower Beauty's Peachy Nude lipstick and the look is complete.



What do you think?  Didn't I tell you the orange was none to be feared?  I really, really love this look so much.  I have worn it so many times since having this little pallet and continuously get compliments on the look. 



My last look using this pallet will be using the purples and blues.  I went way out in left field with my next look, in comparison to today's look.  But, it's still fun, girly and very colorful and I can't wait to show you.

But, you will have to wait until next time to see it, because that's all I got for today.

Until then, take care.

-Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment