Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Drug Store Must Haves - Morning Skin Care Routine

Oh, wow, it's already Wednesday!! I was out of pocket yesterday, because Caleb was sick and didn't go to school.  While he napped, I got to catch up on some much needed Sociology homework, laundry and a few Hallmark movies I had Tivo'd that I have been anxiously waiting to watch.  It was a decent day of productivity, but at the expense of my sweet baby cakes being sick? That's NEVER worth it, in my opinion.



So anyways, that's my life in a nutshell for yesterday.  Today we are back at it with my drugstore must haves for my daily routines.  Today I'm gonna talk about my morning skin care routine and what I use to get things going in the morning.

Just like before, I'm fairly simple when it comes to skin care.  I have had un-godly long routines in my past and after having Caleb, I realized it was completely unnecessary for me to obtain.  So I simplified it and cut the cost of it dramatically over the years and have become quite happy with the results.

I start each morning with my shower.  And I will wash my face almost near the end of the shower, because I like to allow the steam and warm water soften my skin up before I start in on my face washing.

What I have been using for years now is the Cetaphil Daily Face Cleanser for Normal / Oily skin.



It's the perfect formula for gently cleansing my skin but it doesn't make it feel tight or in anyway unpleasant either.  While I don't need some sort of heavy makeup removal in the mornings, because of my oily skin, I do like to have something that will wash away my nighttime moisturizer and wash it off very gently, and this does just that for me.


Next up is a scrub that I like to use about two to three times per week.  If I actually think about it, I will use it Monday, Wednesday and Fridays, but most of the time, it's usually just when it strikes my fancy.

It's the Neutrogena micro-dermabrasion kit.

 

I bought the original kit many years back (before Caleb was born) and have been buying the refill pads ever since.  The little contraption vibrates and the pads have this solution inside them that chemically exfoliates while the abrasive scrubs do the physical exfoliating.  My skin feels absolutely amazing and baby skin soft afterwards!!


After my shower, I will use a toner on my skin to help with oil control throughout my day.  For me the best one I feel that works is the Clean and Clear Oil Eliminating Astringent.




After that dries, I follow up with my daily moisturizer and SPF.  I like using the Olay Complete Daily Moisturizer with Sunscreen.  It is nice and light, it has SPF and doesn't leave my skin all greasy feeling.


That is my final step guys, I hope you found it helpful or useful or even interesting.  I love know what others use in their skin so let me know if you have recommendations or something to NOT try for whatever reasons.  Leave it all for me in the comment section below.  I will following up with my next post being my must have bath and body and hair care items I love from the drugstore and then we will end with the fun stuff....makeup!! I can't wait to show you what I have.

I will talk to you all again soon, until next time, take care.

-Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment