Thursday, October 4, 2018

Drugstore Must Haves - Bath / Body / Hair Care

Happy Thursday!!

Where has this week gone to? Oh yeah, I was busy with my head buried in my Sociology books this week.  Anyways, you are here today and because of that I am so grateful!! I'm ready to release my list of drugstore must haves for bath / body / hair care today.  Let's get to it..



I want to start today with my hair care products that I use on the daily.  These are not "pamper" items, just things that I have been using for either a year or some even more than that.  But these are the daily items I use most every day.


First up I use Panetene Moisture Shampoo.  I love the smell, I love the fact that my hair feels smooth and not dry after using it, and I especially love that it doesn't make my scalp itch.  Yep, you read that right, I get itchy scalp for some reason....and a lot of shampoos will make it even worse.





I assume because of the moisture aspect in the shampoo, is the reason it soothes my scalp and makes my hair feel healthy and nourished.  But who knows, it could also just be all in my head.  Either way, I have been using this for years and have loved it still.

Next is the conditioner.  My hair is color treated religiously every eight weeks.  I grew out of my "natural blondeness" when I was around 13 or 14 years old and ever since I have been coloring my hair.

With all of that said, in a nutshell, it means that I need a heavy conditioner for my very dry and brittle hair.   Therefore, my favorite conditioner is the Loreal Total Repair Conditioning Balm.


This is a very thick balm that coats every strand of my hair.  Even though I have a very fine and wispy hair, oddly enough, this doesn't weigh it down.  It's enough moisture to help my hair but not so much that it's flat on my hair either....it's just right.  It's the Goldilocks of hair conditioner for me.

Next we move along to body products.  I have done a full review and have sung the praises of the Dove Exfoliating Body Polish.  I'll continue on singing, because I LOVE this stuff so much.  I use it a few times each week, and then follow up with a body wash to make sure I get all the grainey stuff off.  The exfoliation is light enough to not scrape your body of everything, but it's rough enough to actually do some work on your skin too.  I love the days I use it and how soft my legs are.  It makes the perfect prep step right before shaving your legs.



The smell is one to note.  I can't get over the smell of this...its like cotton, baby, flowers, fruit, downy.....I'm sure there are others.  It smells so good, but it's not like walking into a Lush or Bath and Bodyworks, it's such a light scent that it's not going to overwhelm anyone.  But it's oh so good smelling!!

Ok, I always use a body wash, and for the last year I have been using Dove Foaming Body Wash.  The smell on this one is just a great as the scrub, but not as fruity smelling....it has more of the Downy smell to it.  But it's so light that you can just barely notice.  But this creates the most perfect lather when using it....I just love the experience so much with it.  It's luxurious feeling and I really don't know how else to explain it.  But it rinses off so nicely and there's no crazy soapy film in my bathroom from using it either.




When the shower is done, I am on my way to moisturize my body and for that I use Olay's Quench Body Lotion.  Again, the scent is so nice and soft.  I'm all about scent with my bath / body / hair products.





But what I especially like about this lotion is that it is very light so I can put it on and within about 5 or 10 minutes I am ready to put my clothes on, without having that sticky and wet feeling.  I had discovered this lotion sometime last year when I ran out of my Bath and Bodyworks Cream and honestly I had the Olay in the back of my cabinet sitting unused.

Taking Caleb to a Bath and Bodyworks is like taking me through the tool aisle of a Sears.....I would rather claw my eyes out...and since I don't like to buy scented products online before smelling them first, I just started using the Olay.  I was pleasantly surprised as to how much I fell in love with this lotion.  While I still love my Bath and Bodyworks Cream, I do love this lotion just as well....and I can bribe Caleb with a toy to walk down the bath aisle at Walmart, whereas I can't do that at BBW.

Okie dokie, what's next? Oh, actually I think that is all the products I have for you.  Well that wasn't too painful to sit through was it?  I surely hope not.  I hope I didn't forget anything either....I always feel like that when I do "list posts".

Ok, well I do believe that is all I have for you today.  I just want to say a big "thank you" for coming to visit me here at 523.  I hope its somewhat useful or entertaining.  If you ever have questions for me on my home, family, products or even a post idea, please don't hesitate to leave it for me in the comment section.  I'd love to know what bath / body / hair care products you love....whether they be from the drugstore or they are luxury products, I always love new ideas to try out.

I will be finishing up my series with my last post being my must have makeup items from the drugstore.  I hope you will come back soon to see what I recommend.

Until next time, take care!

-Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment