Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Burgundy Mascara - Take 2 - Did I find a winner?



As you may have remembered previously, I tried out the Loreal Burgundy mascara and it was an utter failure.  It's a great mascara, but it still looks black and not burgundy in the least bit.  Today, I am bringing you another try at using a burgundy mascara from Hard Candy.  It's still a bit hard to see the color in the photos, but it comes out truly burgundy on your lashes in real life. 



This was the look I was hoping for from Loreal, but I got it at a cheaper price with the Hard Candy.  So it's a most definite win for me.....although I don't know what I'm now going to do with the Loreal mascara.

Anyways, today I also wanted to show you the look I used to pair with the colored mascara and how I achieved it.  I am going to be using the Wet N Wild Rose in the Air and the Hard Candy Metal Glaze in burgundy along with the Hardy Candy 1000 Lashes Mascara in burgundy.   I hope you enjoy...



First thing to do is start with the transition color and sweep it all throughout your crease.



Next take the brown-ish red color and deepen the crease a bit with the color.  You will be applying it in the lower part of the crease.



In the outer V, deepen it up with the dark brown.



Now comes the fun part....using the Hard Candy Metal Glaze in Burgundy, pat it on the top of the lid from the inner corner towards the outer V.  Stopping right as you get to the dark brown color.  You can pat a little of the dark brown on the edge of the metal glaze to make it blend together in that area of your lid.




I then went into the pinkish color and applied that all throughout my crease, topping the brownish red color from before.  The reddish brown color is too red and the pink is too pink so mixing them together gave me a perfect match of red, pink and brown, that I wanted to have my look come out as.



I did NOT line my upper lash line with black liquid liner....instead I lined the upper water line with black pencil liner and the lower water line with black pencil liner.



Back into the dark pink color, I used it on a pencil brush to smudge out the black pencil on the lower lash line.



I decided to highlight my brow bone with the yellowish white color in the pallet.



Next I went in with the burgundy mascara, blush Maybelline Fit Me Blush in Wine and my lipcolor Maybelline Mauve Mania.



And that completed my look. 



What did you think?  Do you like colored mascaras?  How about the blues and purple colored mascaras.  Does colored mascara bring you back to Jr. High? It sure does me.....I remember matching my nails and mascara to my softball uniform during those Jr. High days.  While orange was a great nail color, it didn't prove to be a great mascara.  Have you ever tried orange mascara?  Let me know your thoughts in the comment section below.


That's all the makeup talk I have for today.  I hope you found it fun and enjoyable.  I will be back again for some more makeup goodies really soon.  Until next time, take care.


-Kim

Some links may be affiliate for Amazon to earn from qualifying purchases

No comments:

Post a Comment