Tuesday, October 9, 2018

New Loreal Voluminous Burgundy Mascara

Hello sweet friends!! How has your Tuesday been so far?  Mine is rainy and wet today.  It's been raining all morning and doesn't look like it is going to stop anytime soon.  But that's ok.  I'm inside and nice and dry AND I have new windshield wipers on my car that don't squeak! That's the highlight of the day. :) 



Well, I hoped into my local Walmart yesterday because I needed to pickup a few items I had ran out of and somehow found myself in the makeup aisle.  I don't know how it happened, but it just did.  Anyways I decided to look at the new Loreal Voluminous Burgundy mascara and see if they had it in stock.

I had been seeing it all over the place on tv commercials and thought it looked so gorgeous on the models lashes.  I just knew I wanted to find it....and find it I did.

So today I thought I'd show you how I paired it with my eye look and face and then give you my first impressions of it. 

First of all, the color of the tube is so pretty....I had high hopes that the mascara color would be the same color as the tube.  I swatched the mascara and while it wasn't the same as the tube color, I still was excited to try it out on my lashes.



While it is hard to make out that my lashes are any color other than black in the photo, it's just as seemingly hard to see it in person too.  I had hoped the burgundy color would be rich and red just like the models on the commercials.  But unfortunately I was so disappointed.  I couldn't even find a trace of reddish brown when it was on my lashes. 



Well, I had planned on doing a complete monochromatic look today using all burgundy colored products, my lashes failed me a bit.  But that's how it goes....you can't win them all.



I had thought about taking back the mascara and getting a refund, but I have decided to keep it and let the mascara sit a bit.  Sometimes, with time, mascara formulas change and my thoughts are that just may be this one might get somewhat lighter or more pigmented....I don't know, wishful thinking is what I'm guessing it is.  But I will keep at trying it out. 



I think that I am going to locate a white eyelash primer and try it first and then put the mascara on top to see if there is any difference whatsoever in it.  Ironically, Loreal has a white lash primer, so that might be their ploy...who knows.  I will keep you posted anyways on it.  But for now, just know that it doesn't show up like one might think.


Well, that's all I have for today.  I hope it was useful or informative for you.  I will be back again with more makeup talk, so come back and visit me again really soon.  Until next time, take care.

-Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment