Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Maybelline Soda Pop Tutorial

Welcome to Wednesday!!



Does anyone else feel like this month is going by so fast but yet Halloween is taking foreveeerr to get here.  I'm not quite sure why I am looking forward to Halloween either, I suppose it's the kick off to the holiday season and I love our holidays at 523. 

Anyways, enough jabber, let's talk about the Maybelline Soda Pop pallet.  I bought this during my birthday haul last month and have been playing a bit with it.  I'm really liking the looks I have come up with so far on it.  So today I want to show off one the the looks and how I went about achieving it.  I hope you enjoy...


First up I want to go with two colors, color number 1 & 2 and apply it to the crease.  I wanted a bit more of a gradual transition therefore I mixed the dark with the light.




Next I went back in with color 2 and a smaller brush and swiped that through my crease, but slightly lower.  Again, gradually getting darker.



Next I went in with color 3 and ran it thru the lower part of the crease, slightly below and somewhat overlapping color number 2.



I packed on color number 4 onto a flat brush and spritzed it with setting spray and packed it all over my lid.



I also used color 5 to pat into my inner corner for some brightness.



I used dark brown pencil liner in my lower lash line and used color 2 to smudge it out with. 


Black liquid liner on my top lash line then top with mascara.  I used Milani Bellisimo Bronze as my blush and bronzer.  I next used Maybelline's Clay Crush on my lips, but I wanted something more shimmery....but I wasn't wanting to change the lip color dramatically.  So I used Milani's holographic lip topper and WOW....do you see the look on my face of the initial application?!  Yep, I was a bit taken back by it.  But when I patted it all over my lips it gave the most beautiful shimmer, and just the look I was going for.  I can't believe I had this lip topper for so many months and just now seeing how beautiful it is.



And there is my final look.


What do you think?  I am doing another look that uses the orange crush color next time.  I hope you will come back and see how it turns out.  I really love the look, so i can't wait to show you.  But that's all I have for today.  I will see you again, really soon.  Until next time, take care.


-Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment