Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Maybelline Diamond Dust - Tutorial #2



Hello and happy "hump day"!  It is a dreary one here in North Texas.  It's nasty, rainy, dark and cold today and it just makes me feel tired.  Of course, I might also be tired because Caleb and I stayed up until 10 PM last night finishing off The Wizard of Oz book.  We called it a "literary crime" to stay up that late reading a classic, but I just wasn't watching the clock, in all reality.  So Caleb and I are both dragging around today.

So, today I am going to do another look using the Maybelline City Mini pallet in Diamond Dust.  I really wanted to use the deep teal color in the outer corner, so I created a look all around making that area deep and teal.  I hope you enjoy.


First up, you will see that I am using blotting sheets under my eyes.  This is because the pallet is very soft and has a tremendous amount of fallout.  So either use some sort of shadow shield or wait and do your foundation after your eyes.

I wanted to start out with my crease and the teal, but I wanted to keep it very light at first.  So I used fluffy brush to swipe the teal color (6) throughout my crease.  I used a very small wispy brush and ran the light gray color (5) just along the edges of the teal.  I did this so I wound't have a very harsh teal line in my crease.  (You could start out with color 5 and run it through your upper crease first and then go in with the teal to get the same effect if you don't have the wispy brush.)


Next on a flat brush I went in with the beautiful shimmer color (4) and packed it all over my lid.  You can amplify it a bit more if you use a bit of setting spray on the brush.   That's also what I did to get the deeper teal color in my outer V.  I got some of the color (6) on my brush, spritzed it with setting spray and then packed it on my outer V and blended it over towards the crease.


I lined my lower water line with brown pencil liner and smudged it out with the teal color (6) on a pencil brush on my lower lash line.


I did black liquid liner on my top lash line, applied mascara and my eyes were done.  I next used the Hard Candy Fox in a Box Blush in Girl Boss and for my lips I used the Loreal LaRouge in I Rebel. 



I think the look really turned out quite pretty.  I love the teal color and how it's not some wild and out there color, but a lot more fun than a neutral brown too.  It has a nice, edgy twist to the look.


So, that's all I have for today, I hope you found it helpful and enjoyed it as well.  I will see you all again really soon.  Until next time, take care.

-Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment