Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Loreal Infallible 24 Hour Fresh Wear Foundation Review - Did it make the grade?


Hi everyone, how are you doing on this beautiful Wednesday?  Even though it's 9:30am, I just had the most perfect and absolutely enormous cupcake I have ever seen.  The size of it was like a triple sized cupcake.  It was a decadent chocolate cupcake with some even more decadent chocolate icing.

Here at work one of our techs went to a location called Small Cakes to perform service for them and they gave him these gorgeous cupcakes to bring back to us here at work.  Its one of those type of cakes that you eat it and it is so wonderful you keep eating until you are sick and then even though you are sick you are still smiling profusely at how delicious it was.  Do you know what I mean?  LOL

Anyways, now that you are craving cupcakes, let's talk makeup, shall we?

Today I am very much ready to bring you my full review of the Loreal Infallible 24 Hour Fresh Wear Foundation and I will let you know if I think whether or not it "made the grade".

I purchased the Loreal Infallible for $14.99 USD at my local Walmart.  If you want me to be completely honest, I will say that the price is a little high.  I think that they really need to keep the price in the $8-9 price range for drugstore foundations.

So I gave the price a C

I liked applying it with a damp sponge, although it works ok with a brush, but I find a very light coverage comes with the brush.  So the sponge is where I find the best application.

So let's look at the claims:

Long wearing, up to 24 hours of wear: B

Twenty-four hours.......nope, that is not happening.  First off I'd never wear foundation for 24 hours, but I will and do on the daily wear it from 5am until about 8pm. So I wear my foundation for about 15 hours.  But, this foundation has a breakdown time of about 8 hours.  Now, that is very normal for foundation on my skin.  It is very rare that I can keep a foundation on without breaking down anywhere on my face much longer than the 8 hour mark.  I think that the Revlon Colorstay will go for about 9-10 hours for me before it starts to fade and break down.  The reason I give this foundation a B is because while it lasts the same as nearly every foundation I have ever tried....I did deduct points for the claims of 24 hours.  That's just a silly claim.

Breathable:  A


Yes, this is very fluid like, meaning it's very thin and watery but very light feeling on the skin.  I completely agree with the statement made of being breathable.

Medium - Full Build-able Coverage: B


I won't go nearly as far as saying its a "full coverage".  Build-able and medium are very true claims so I met in the middle of A and C and gave it a B.  I like that you can get a light or medium coverage.

Three oil absorbents allow it to resist sweat, water and is transfer resistant:  C

No, I can't say it's transfer resistant...I lost a lot of my foundation on people's shoulders when I was overly hugged at the funeral last week.  I really put that foundation to the test then.  I haven't came across sweating yet, its not that time of the year here in Texas so I can't lay claims on that one.  As for water resistant...well it was decent.  It's not hard to wash off, but it didn't run completely off of my face when crying a bunch last week.  Just so you know, I have been using this foundation since the early part of January, but it got some real heavy duty testing last week at the funeral and visitation for my grandmother.   I am a little confused about the "three oil absorbents"....to me that sounds like it should be made to control oil....however, it says no where on the bottle or website that it controls oil.  Which is good because it doesn't do that at all.  But I can't punish something when it doesn't claim "oil control".  It is just a bit misleading to me.

Goes on smoothly:  C

I wish this did better.  I could see it just sinking into my pores and not looking too good.  I did start to use a pore filling primer and that made it much better.  So if you use a pore filling primer or you are just blessed beyond means and have baby smooth skin, then you will like the way it looks.

Healthy Looking:  A


Yep, it is skin like in my honest opinion.  I think because of how thin it is, is what makes it look just like your natural skin.  In all honesty, it looks beautiful on the skin...but you just have to either have pore-less skin or use a pore filling primer.

Color stays true:  A

Yes, again!  While I really could have gone a shade lighter (I bought 425, Linen), it did stay looking true to color.  It didn't oxidize at all on me, even throughout the wearing of it.  The color didn't budge.

Another other thing that I wanted to mention before the final grade....this foundation takes a little while to dry down.  I will turn a little fan on to help it to dry down some, but that is something to think about.

So what is the overall grade?



The Loreal Infallible 24 Hour Fresh Wear Foundation scored:  B

I think that's a very fair score.  It is not a terrible foundation, but it just needs to adjust the claims a bit, especially the 24 hour wear, and you might want to throw a primer under it.  But I have continued to use it and I will finish the bottle up.  I won't repurchase, but I am not disappointed by the product either.

So there you have it...my review and final thoughts on this foundation.

I hope you found it helpful and I also hope you will come back to visit me here at 523!

I will see you all again really soon, so until next time, take care.

-Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment