Friday, February 15, 2019

Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair - Did it "repair" ?



Hello my friends, I hope you are all doing well on this beautiful Friday.  I have some cooking to do tomorrow for Caleb's Cub Scout's Blue and Gold Banquet.  We are asked to bring dishes from our family's country.  I only know a little about the food that comes from Germany....for some reason I only know beer. :/  And I don't think that's very appropriate for Cub Scouts.  But I decided on bringing German sausage.  We actually have a place near our town that is a German meat market and specializes in German meats.  We have this sausage every Christmas at Brad's family gatherings and also every Easter at my house.  The next thing I've decided to bring is banana pudding.  While we are mostly German, we are also very southern.  And there really isn't anything much more southern than Paula Deen's banana pudding.  This is another family favorite on both the hubs and my side of the family.  So we are going to be diving into our ancestors history with German sausage and our present family with banana pudding.  I'm really looking forward to the pudding. :)

Well, now that I'm hungry for sausage and pudding, let's get into today's post.  On December 6th, I started using an anti wrinkle cream from Neutrogena.



Ok, let's first and foremost talk pricing on this.....I paid $24.99 USD.  I know, I know, I could have paid $200 at Sephora for an anti-wrinkle cream.  But still, I think $25 is a fair price for something that "should" work...am I right?

So let me show you what first got me going on needing a wrinkle cream.  I get that these aren't the best photos....but you do see the slight lines in the forehead, right?  The one on the left is without makeup, the one on the right if full face of makeup, both taken on the first day I used the product.


What I hate about the one with the makeup is that you can see (well, not so much in the photograph) where the foundation and powder will ultimately "sink" into my lines.  Not so pretty!! I have to watch what powders I use to set my foundation with because some will show the lines waaayyy worse than others.

So, let's talk about the claims of this here product....... here's the back of the box.




"Visibly smoother and younger-looking skin in just one week".  Hmmm...one week, huh?  I don't concur.

It said it would "fade the look of even deep wrinkles, including crow's feet, FOREHEAD and cheek wrinkles".  See?  It says it right there...forehead wrinkles.

I still see the wrinkles in my forehead.

This photo was taken the day I completely used up the product.....



Another thing it claimed was that it would "diminish the look of age spots".  Again, there's a "nope" to that claim for me.  In the photo above you can see traces of the spots, which are leftovers of the melasma or "pregnancy mask" that I still have, leftovers from my now eight year old son.

Oh, the things we go through for our sweet baby's.  LOL  I will not go out without some sort of foundation covering it. So, I had hopes that this would lighten it up a bit more so I didn't have to try so hard to cover it with makeup.  Again, it didn't happen.

I wasn't expecting results in one week like it claims that "100% of women" had noticed.  I didn't see results in four weeks nor 8 weeks...in fact it took me 9 weeks and an entire jar, using twice a day, and still had yet to see any sort of difference.

You may wonder if perhaps it did ANYTHING for my skin?  Well, no, not that I could visibly see.  It did give my skin a lot of extra moisture however.   And one thing I noticed was that it worked just fine under makeup as well.  It didn't break anything down early nor make my skin extra oily throughout the day...so I was happy about that part.

So, to wrap it all up...this did absolutely nothing for me.  I was so disappointed, I really thought I'd see some sort of improvement.

Does it mean that YOU shouldn't try it? No, I don't tell anyone when it comes to skin care, to not try something.

Skincare is not a "one size fits all" type of product.  If you look at reviews on this product, it gets very high ratings.  I am just one face that it sadly didn't work on.

So there's my thoughts and my own personal findings on the Neutrogena Rapid Repair.  I hope you found it helpful, and I hope you will come back and visit me (wrinkles and all) here at 523!

That's all I have for today, I will be back again soon.  Until next time, take care.

-Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment