Friday, February 1, 2019

Brown Smokey Tutorial using the Chocoholic Pallet from Covergirl




Happy Friday!! How are you on this beautiful day?  Is anyone ready for winter to be over with yet?  I really am.... I'm ready to get the trailer back out on the lake and just take some time to do absolutely nothing. :)

So, today we are talking about some chocolate!!  Well, chocolate eye shadows that is.  I have a tutorial to show you using the Covergirl's Tru Naked Chocoholic pallet.  I'm trying to stay away from the Reese's in the refrigerator that people keep bringing to work, so I'm just living out the chocolate in makeup instead. 

Ok, let's start....first we want to work on our crease area and for that I blended the color number 3 all throughout.

 
I decided to deepen it up with color #4 in the outer V and slightly blended over about half way thru the crease.


I next with with color number 7 and patted on the center of my lid.  You will see that the pallet in the photo is NOT true to the colors of the pallet in person.  Number 5 looks like a beautiful shimmery pink....well its not.  And color number 7 is just a shimmery version of color number 4.  So that was a bit disappointing about this pallet.  But nevertheless, it still made a beautiful look.


Next I used color number 2 in the inner third of my lid to brighten it up a bit.


Ok, here's where my camera jacked up a bit and it apparently forgot to take pictures.....well, it might have been a user error, but who's to say (but me) that it was really that? ;)

So, I used black pencil liner in my lower water line, then I used color #3 and ran it along my lower lash line to smudge it out.  I then applied black liquid liner to my top lash line. 

Now we get back to where my camera came back to.  I used the Wet N Wild highlight in Earth on my inner tear duct for some serious brightening.


Heavy mascara and the eyes are done.  For my lips I used Loreal lipstick in Pink Gold and for my cheeks I used Wet N Wild blush in Pearlescent Pink.


And then the look is complete.


For me this look is very neutral, but its deepened up just enough in the outer V for some depth and dimension, and I like that the most about this look.

As for the pallet....well, I'm still deciding about whether I like it or not.  I'm sorely disappointed that the colors are not what they look like in the photos...I think they really should have had a light shimmery pink in it. But I will work with what I have and see what else I can come up with on this pallet.

So that's all the makeup talk I have for you today.  What are your weekend plans?  Do you have any?  Caleb has a Cubscout service project he has to do Saturday, but then we have a bunch of errands to run first.  When we get back to town, we are going to see if they are letting anyone in to the nursing home so we can see my grandmother.  They have had the building on lock down because of some virus going around.  So we haven't seen her since the Monday before last.  I know she's getting so lonely, so it has really upset me that we can't get in. 

I'm looking forward to Saturday night however, we are going to my BFFs house to hang out and cook out.  We both got these matching stainless steel wine glasses that we are dying to try out and I have a bottle of red just waiting to be opened. ;)  If we get some fun pics I share them next week.  But that's all I got for now. 

I hope you enjoyed and will come back and visit me again really soon.  Until next time, take care.

-Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment