Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Maybelline City Mini Pallet in Diamond Dust - Tutorial #1




Happy Wednesday!!

How are you today?  I am doing really well.  Caleb and I have plans to go to the park after school today and let him run his little heart out with a bunch of random kids....he's super excited!! :)


I, on the other hand am jumping head first back into my Ecology class and I will finally finish this stupid paper on the wind patterns and the heating of the Earth.  I took a much longer break than need be after my grandmother's death and I need to get this finished soon so I can continue on.  So while Caleb is playing I will be writing. 

I woke up pretty excited today...and it wasn't because of makeup either....LOL  Shocker, I know.  I started dabbling around with stocks in my retirement account the past several months.  I have a couple stocks that I have been heavily playing around with lately and actually started to make a somewhat decent payoff with them.  But, with this type of investment account I have, I cannot use the money until I am 60 years old....I am far from that age.  Something I realized was that I have a lot of fun playing with these little stocks, so I decided to open up a regular investment account.  I have only started out with a very little amount of money, so its not something that we will lose our house over.  But, I woke up this morning knowing that the account would be open and ready to trade stocks with today and I just got really excited about it.  So there's you a fun fact about me today.  Stocks excite me.

Ok, let's talk makeup.

I found ANOTHER Maybelline City Mini pallet at the store the other day and snatched it right up.  So today, I am bringing you a look I created with it.  It's a really easy look....I only used one shadow from it.  But this one shadow is so gorgeous on it's own.


So, lets start....first up you want to take the shimmery color.  And pat it on you lid....next with a fluffy brush, sweep the color through the crease.  Lastly on a pencil brush, swipe the same color on your lower lash line. 


I put black liquid liner on my top lash line and then many coats of mascara.  I used Hard Candy's Fox in a Box blush in Girl Boss and for my lips I used the Loreal Gold Crush lipstick in Rose Gold.


And that was all there was to the the look...what do you think?  Easy right?


I love super simple looks like these.  If you don't want to use black liquid liner, then you can skip it and go with a more neutral look.  I think a very dark purple lip would look fantastic with this eye look.  But I wanted to keep it neutral.


Well, I think that's all I have for today.  It was short and sweet....just like my sweet baby Caleb.


So, I guess I will see you all again really soon.  Until next time, take care.

-Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment