Friday, February 22, 2019

Loreal Rouge Signature Lasting Matte Liquid Lipstick - Does it make the grade?





Happy Friday!!

I have been having such fun playing with my stocks this week!! If you saw my post on Wednesday, you will have read that I started investing in the stock market.  And not for retirement, though I do have an investment retirement account too, but this is for a possible supplemental income.  I have no clue just what I am doing just yet, but I am learning a lot and loving it even more!!

Okie dokie, today we are going to talk about Loreal's new lip product they have out.  It's called the Loreal Rouge Signature Lasting Matte Liquid Lipstick.  That's quite a mouthful to say, LOL.  I found mine at Walmart for $9.97 each.


Ok, let's talk about the claims.

Ultra Comfortable Liquid Lipstick:  Yes, this is the most comfortable wearing liquid lipstick.  I most definitely give this an "A"

Dyes your lips for a lasting color:  Yes, this does dye your lips.  Dye is such a scary word....let's say it is a "semi-staining" on your lips.  However, this only comes with the dark colors.  The lightest nude color, I do not see any sort of stain on my lips.  But since the range is mostly deeper and vibrant colors, I went ahead and gave it a grade of "A"

Less texture, more color:  Yes again!! There is so very little texture with these liquid lipsticks.  No flaky, gross-ness is had with these.  AND you can apply more than one layer and even re-apply mid day.  I give this one an "A" also.

Let's talk about the staying power.  It states it has a "lasting matte color".  Yes the color is matte, and it does last.  But it does wear off around the 6 hour mark.  Although, this is the vibrant color you when first applied that wears off....not the stain.  The stain will stay around until about the 8-9 hour mark.  I again, give this claim an "A".

There are 12 colors total....at the time of me taking the photos (which was at 5:30 this morning) I only had 3 colors.  BUT, I made a pit stop on the way to work and grabbed two more colors.  I'll be using them in upcoming tutorials so I'll show them off then. 

But the three I have are "I Empower", "I Rebel" and "I Represent" and you will see them from left to right in the photos below.



So, 12 colors total....I kind of wish there were more.  This is such a fantastic lip product that I really would like to see more colors come out.  But I will just work with what I have for now. 

Some of my own personal thoughts on these are that I love how light and liquid they are.  So they can built up to a full opacity or they can actually be somewhat sheer if you want as well.  I love that they can be layered.  I think that is really a fantastic option with these because most liquid lipsticks can't do that without feeling cakey and crumbly.


The overall grade is an "A" and for me I can definitely see why.  I am going to collect all of the colors with maybe the exception of the dark brown color...I'm not 100% sure of that one yet.


But I do recommend this lipstick.  I think it's a great product and I feel that for people who do not like liquid lipsticks or feel they are too uncomfortable, this is really the product to tryout. 

Well, that's all I have for today.  I hope it was helpful and informative.  I will be back again next week with more, I hope you come back and visit me then.  Until next time, take care.

-Kim


No comments:

Post a Comment