Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Kokie Duo Metallic in Deep Sea Tutorial - Super Simple Eye Look




Happy Wednesday!!

It is cold, cloudy and dreary here in North Texas today....I'm not feelin' it today, for sure.  But, just like anything else, you gotta wake up, make up and then show up.  So that's just what I did.  Today, I'm am showing you a very easy look today, using only two colors of shadow.

My featuring product is the Kokie Duo Metallic in the color Deep Sea.  Normally when i think "sea" I think blue in color, but this one is more of a forest green color.  Not that any of that really matters, but it was just a thought I had and decided to share....ok, let's hop to it.



First up, I want to let you know that there are two items to this product.  There is the cream shadow in the top lid and below that is the loose pigment.  I ONLY used the pigment in my look today.  I'm still playing with the cream....

But, you will notice that I took blotting papers and put them under my eyes.  One main reason is to catch the fall out that I have gotten each and every time I have used this little duo.  It's not as bad as my Rimmel pallets from last week, but it is still more than I care to clean up.  So use some tape, shadow shields or blotting paper, or just wait and do your foundation later.  But I decided to use blotting papers and another reason is because I like the sharper edge and it gives me a guideline as to where my shadows go.  So that's my reasonings...

I used a fluffy brush and swept the green all throughout my crease and concentrated it in the outer V of my eye.


Next, I used a pencil brush and ran the green color all along my lower lash line.


I then went into my highlighter drawer and fished out my Wet N Wild highlight bar in Earth and patted it all over the first half of my lid, just blending over to meet with the green.


Black eyeliner on the top lash line, many coats of mascara and the eyes are done.  I used the Rimmel Matte Liquid Lipstick in Blush for my lips and I use NYC blush in West Side Wine on my cheeks.


Apparently the NYC line is either going away or it's already gone and my Walmart hasn't got the memo yet....because I keep hearing about other makeup enthusiast saying they can't find NYC products anymore.  If that is the case then a good dusty rose blush color would work quite nicely.

But anyhow, here is the completed look...


Well, today's post is short and sweet....I have some studying and research to do for my Ecology class still yet so I must start that now.

Thank you all for visiting and supporting me, I will see you all again really soon.  Until next time, take care.

-Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment