Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Maybelline City Mini Pallet in Hi Rise Sunset Review and Swatches

Happy Wednesday!!




I have just finished my semester exams....whew, I am tired!! But relieved they are over, at least for now. So the hubs is away again for the very last training for work.  So Caleb and I are just lazing out this week until he gets home.

I don't know why, but the last time he had to go out of town, things just fell apart.  What's funny is that I do most of the cooking, cleaning and taking care of Caleb, but when Brad is gone, our whole life just goes awry.  I guess because the things he does to help, like getting Caleb dressed in the mornings, making the bed or doing the dishes are things that I am so used to him doing that I forget that they still need to be done.  Or the fact that he's not here just bums Caleb and I out so bad that we just don't feel like doing what we are supposed to do.....actually, that's probably more of what it is.  :/

But anyways, he comes home tomorrow, so all will be back to normal.  So today I wanted to give you the swatches, overall review and the photos of the three looks I created with the Maybelline City Mini Pallet in Hi Rise Sunset.


Let's look at swatches....


The formula is the same as all the other City Mini pallets, whereas they are buttery and soft.

However, you must be aware that with these soft and buttery formula, you will get a ton of fallout.  It's imperative that you tap off your brush before applying the shades.

I personally love this formula and I always tap off my brush, so I have no problems with it.  But I know that it can be an issue with some people.


Let's talk pigments, shall we?

As you can plainly see from the yellow, these are highly concentrated with pigments.  You don't typically see yellows like that in drugstore pallets.  So I am extremely impressed with the pigment of each shade.



I don't notice any sort of patchy-ness with any of the shades....typically the maroon type of shades are usually a bit more hard than most other colors, at least in my experience with makeup.  But, none of that has taken place in this little pallet.

I do wish that they would have included a very dark brown in the pallet though.  You can use a setting spray to make the intensity of the brown and maroon colors a bit deeper.  But it still will not give you the depth of a chocolate brown color.  But that's just my opinion. 

However, I do determine my entire thoughts on whether the pallet gives you the ability to make multiple looks with only what is inside it.  I do feel that this little pallet does give that to you.  I have made multiple looks with using only this pallet and they have all come out really well.




I like the pigment and intensity of these shadows when they are dry, and I like that the colors will work nicely with a setting spray as well to give you more of an intense look.  So far, I have not had any sort of "hard pan" from using a setting spray and that is another thing I look at.

So my final thought is that this is another winner for the City Mini pallets!!

Well, I guess that is all that I have for you today.  I hope you have a wonderful rest of the week, and I will be back again with more, later on.

Until next time, take care.

-Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment