Monday, December 3, 2018

Another Tutorial with Maybelline City Mini in Hi Rise Sunset

Hello and happy Monday!!



How was your weekend?  Mine was fantastic!!

We went up to the town square for their annual Christmas on the Square....it's no wonder we have never been...there wasn't too much for the kids to do.  There were a few bounce houses and a small petting zoo and the rest were vendors selling stuff that had nothing to do with the kids.  So that was a bummer, but on Sunday we had a great time with the in laws at the Highland Park housing addition in Dallas TX.



It's a large suburban area that houses the wealthy in Dallas TX.  Football hall of fame legend, Troy Aikman and the owner of the Dallas Cowboys, Jerry Jones, both live in this neighborhood.  They offer carriage rides to look at all the Christmas lights and displays in this luxury neighborhood.  So we had a great time with the family.  I gotta admit....I'm not quite sure what some people are thinking when they decided upon the housing choice...some house looked like something from outer space and others looked like Morticia Addams would walk out of the front door.  But of course, to each his own, right?

Anways, let's get to today's post.  Today I wanted to show you my last tutorial using the Maybelline City Mini pallet in Hi Rise Sunset.  This was a look I did the weekend before last.  I loved this look and how it turned out.  I never thought I'd enjoy yellow eye shadow, but here I am loving it!!  So let's get to the tutorial...shall we?

Okie, dokie, we are going to prep our transition with color #5 in the crease with a fluffy brush.



I'm not gonna lie....I used the exact same brush (I suppose I was too lazy to reach 10 inches for another) and dipped into color #6 and applied it all through the crease, keeping just slightly below the transition color, and deepened the outer V with it.



I took a flat brush and dipped into color #6 again and applied it to the outer lid and inner third of my lid, leaving a gap in the center.  I used a setting spray also, to deepen the outer lid portion, because it didn't get quite as deep as I wanted.



Again with the flat brush I dipped it into the yellow color #2 and applied it directly to the center lid.  Concentrate it mostly on the absolute center and then tap it outwards towards the inner lid and the outer lid.  You want to have minimal product on your brush when you tap over the area of where the deep red meets up with it.  This will give it a gradient effect and not look like a harsh yellow spot on your eyelid.



I used color #1 on my brow bone to give some lift to it.



I then went in with my Wet N Wild Zodiac highlight bar in Earth and patted on the inner corner for some mad highlighting.



I lined my lower lash line AND water line with a brown pencil, and then I also added black liquid liner on the top lash line....you can tell when you need a new liquid liner when your lines get waaayyy too heavy handed.  I'm going after work to pick up a new liner today. :)



I then went back with color #6 and used it to top the brown lower lash line pencil liner.  Curl the lashes and apply mascara and you are done with the eyes.



I used Apricot in the Middle from Wet N Wild as my blush and Rimmel's Heartbreaker liquid lipstick.



And that was all there was to the look.  While I may not wear this look EVERY day, I thought it was a beautiful look for Fall and I have the perfect mustard yellow sweater that I think would compliment this eye look perfectly.  I might have to try that out, now that I think about it.  My next post will be the swatches and my final review on this particular City Mini pallet from Maybelline.  So be on the look out for that.



Now, for the last little bit of my post....I am going to give you a run down of Caleb's Elf on a Shelf.  If you need some ideas, feel free to grab them from me.

The first day was his arrival with his new puppy Fluffy, the next day they toilet papered the Christmas tree and then last night they decided to have a slumber party with Scooby.....Scooby did not like someone else in his bed.



That's all I have for today, I will talk to you all again very soon, until next time, take care.


-Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment