Friday, December 21, 2018

Red Lips for the Holidays? Yes, Please!!


There is something so traditional about Bronze eyes and fiery red lips around the holidays....it's a look I will wear at least to one Christmas party...or several.  You just can't go wrong when pairing these two together.  So today I thought I'd show you how I get my bronze eyes and red lips for the holidays.

I decided to use the Maybelline City Mini in Roof Top Bronze for my eye look and the red statement lip is from the Maybelline Super Stay Matte Ink Liquid lipstick line in Pioneer.

Let's get started...

First up I applied color #3 all in my crease with a fluffy brush and then I patted it all over my lid with a flat shader brush.



I went in with color #6 and a more precise brush and applied it to my outer V and then used it to deepen the crease a little.  I used a clean blender brush and just buffed out the edges of the dark shadow to make it all melt together.



I used color #3 again on just the center of the lid this time...I wanted to make sure I didn't lose that on the last step.  I want that bronze shade to really come through on the middle part of my lid.  I took color #1 and applied it on the inner third of my lid, just slightly overlapping the bronze to make it blend and also applied it to my inner corner.



I went in with a brown pencil in my lower water line and then smudged it out with color #3 on the lower lash line.  I lined my upper lash line with black liquid liner, curled my lashes and applied a ton of mascara.



I went in with Bellisimo Bronze blush from Milani.  I thought that the bronze-y blush color would compliment the look nicely.  Then I carefully applied the Maybelline Pioneer color to my lips.  I had to go back in with concealer to fix the lip line a bit...the wand wasn't quite as precise as I would like for it to be, so I made a bit of a mess.



But after the clean up, that was it!! The look was complete.



Do you go to holiday parties?  Are they with friends or is it all family gatherings?  Ours are all family...both Brad and I still have grandparents on both sides still living so we go to our own parents houses, plus the other four grandparents places and then we have our own Christmas with just Brad, Caleb and I at home.  To be quite honest, we don't have time to go to other parties with our large families and their gathering.

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed the tutorial and will come back for more here at 523! I hope you all have a very safe and happy holiday season!!

-Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment