Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Wet N Wild's Nude Awakening Pallet - Tutorial

Hello and Happy Tuesday!!

Today I wanted to give you a tutorial on the Wet N Wild pallet in Nude Awakening.  While it's not a "natural" look, it is definitely on the "neutral" side.  There's not any real wild and crazy colors in this pallet so for me it takes a little thought to find different looks with these colors.



But let's get into the tutorial...

I first went into the transition color #1 and swept it thru my crease with a fluffy blender brush.  Then I went into the last transition color #10 and brushed it also thru my crease but a little lower down...and be light handed with this color, it can pack a punch if you aren't careful



I then took color #10 again and applied it more concentrated in my outer V, again being very careful when using this shadow.  Next I packed color #4 on a flat brush and spritz it down with setting spray and patted it on my lid.  You MUST use setting spray to get the intensity to come thru with this shadow...its one that is very flaky and dusty....but when you use a setting spray the real magic comes out to play.  It's quite strange to be honest, just how this shadow works.



I went in with color #2 and used it on my brow bone to give it a bit of lift.  I then lined my upper lash line.  And, next I lined my lower water line, apparently way too heavy, because I felt the need to go in with color #1 to smudge it out on the lower lash line, just to help tone down the harsh blackness.  I was really meaning to use a dark brown pencil, but that's how it goes sometimes.



To finish my look I used Loreal's Baby Blossom blush and Loreal Metallic lip in Moon Lust.  I kinda liked the metallic-ness in the eyes and lips together.  Most of the time, I will do a matte lip with a very shimmer eye look, but today I just wasn't feeling the matte lip.



And there's my look......



What do you think?  I liked how this look turned out, and I was in total shock to see what shadow color #4 did with the setting spray added to it.  My thoughts are still up in the air about this pallet....I have one more look using this pallet that turned out nice, but the rest have been total bombs for sure.

I usually rate my thoughts quite a bit on how many different looks I can get from a pallet, along with the quality and ease of use.  So I'm still working on it, and I will keep you posted on what or if I am able to create.

I do notice a few shadows that look like potential dupes.  The pallet doesn't look like any sort of complete pallet dupe, but the transition color #1 really looks close to a color in the Urban Decay Naked 1 pallet, and color #5 has a similar look to Stila's Kitten shadow.  I have both of these so I will do some comparing this week to see what I can find.

Well, that's all I have for today.  I will see you all again really soon!

Until next time, take care.

-Kim



No comments:

Post a Comment