Friday, December 28, 2018

Kokie Cosmetics - Duo Metallic Shadows in Beloved, Review and Tutorial

Hi everyone!!  I'm so happy to have you back here with me.  I wanted to talk today about a product I have seen a couple times at my local Walmart and I finally decided to grab it and try it out.  It's the Kokie Cosmetics Duo Metallic Shadow.  I picked up the shade in Beloved and paid $7.98 US for the duo.



This is a cream potted shadow on the top, and underneath is another pot that contains the same color but in a very shimmery pigment.  I had picked this product up several different times in the past, but kept putting it back on the shelf.  I couldn't figure out what to do with a cream shadow and pigment in the exact same shade.  But I finally grabbed it again and bought it.



I am happy to have purchased it.  It proved to be much more than I had originally thought. 



When I first looked at the pigment, my thoughts were to immediately grab my glitter glue because the look of it in the pot is like real straight up glitter.  After swatching it out on my arm I realized it's not an actual glitter but a true shimmer pigment.  So don't be deceived by the look of the pigment. 



I have used this product two ways so far.  I first went in with just the cream alone and wore that look all day, it made for an outstanding one and done shadow.  It did not crease at all on me, and I did NOT use an eye shadow base either.   The staying power on just the cream did quite well.  I noticed some fading in the later part of the afternoon but it was only slightly.

The next way I used it, I will show below.  I used the cream all over and concentrated heavier in my outer V and then smoothed the pigment over top, on only my lid.



I did not have any fall out from the pigment, which was a bit shocking.  I did tap off my brush however.  One thing I noticed about the pigment was that it applies much better when you drag your brush across to apply and not just pat the pigment on you lid.  This pigment works really well when applied with your finger.



I went back in with the cream pot and smudged it on my lower lash line.



I did not see any fall out during the day and the staying power was mind blowing for me with both of the shadows together.  I even had some mommy meltdowns and shed a few stressful tears and the shadow stayed in place and didn't budge.....that was more than I can say for my liner though.

Speaking of liner, I did use black liquid liner on my top lash line and it went over the pigment with absolute no trouble.  There was no skipping or need to go over a spot to darken.

Along with Pearlescent Pink blush from Wet N Wild and Maybelline's Keep Me Coral lipstick and my look was complete.




So what are my final thoughts on the product?



I think it's a fantastic product and I am happy I purchased it.  I love this color called Beloved that I purchased, but I am going to get a few more....I think there are 4 in the entire collection.  I am most certainly going for the greenish / blue called Deep Sea but I my eye has been also wondering towards the dark blue called Night Star.

The price is reasonable for what drugstore makeup is at, I love the ease of the product, blending out the cream is an absolute breeze, it's a durable shadow that does not crease and most importantly that last for a very long time on the eyes.


Well, that's my review and how I used the Kokie Cosmetics Duo Metallic Shadow.  I hope you enjoyed it and found it useful.  That's all I have for today.....coming up next will be my review on the heated eyelash curler that Santa put in my stocking this year.


But that's all for now,  I hope you all have a beautiful day and will come back and visit me again here at 523.  Until next time, take care.

-Kim







No comments:

Post a Comment