Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Maybelline Brow Tint Pen Review - Does It Make the Grade?



Happy Wednesday!!

How have you been?  I was out on Monday, Caleb didn't have school, so I took that day off with him, caught up on my Ecology class and I also had to go to the nursing home and take care of my grandmother's laundry as well.  So I wasn't able to get a post out on Monday.  But I am here today to talk about a product that I had been trying out for a bit and have come to a conclusion on, so I wanted to share with you what I found.



I have been trying out the Maybelline Brow Tint Pen.  This is the one that is supposed to make the "hair like" strokes of tint to allow it to look like real hair for your brows.  The applicator has the comb looking tip that is supposed to be really good at making faux brows look real. 



This sounds like a real winner, especially for someone like me, who has very, very little brow hair.  I am one who has to basically recreate an entire eye brow each and every morning during my makeup routine.  So a product such as this should be a wonderful product for me.  Sadly, I can't say that it was a winner.

On the very first swipe of the product over my hand, it showed some really good results.  I was excited to try it out.  The color looked perfect and the amount of product was not too little and not too much...it was the Goldilocks effect...on the first swatch that is.



Sadly though, when I started to apply it to my brows, nothing came off.  The applicator was just scratching off my foundation and not leaving any product behind.  It was starting to hurt after trying to get the product out.

After scraping up my brows, I decided to see if it would apply to my hand again.  I was able to get a few more swatches until it dried up again.  It was like it was used up in those few swatches on my hand.  I was so sure that it wouldn't work any more, so I tried to apply it to my forehead....I know, it's teetering on the "odd side".  But I was frustrated and my eyebrows were sore.  Again, no such luck, it didn't even show up when I tried swatching it on my forehead.


So maybe it was the foundation?  Maybe it wouldn't go over foundation and so I went again on my hand....no such luck.  Apparently it was dried up at the tips and there I was with only one brow done.  I finally decided to try to see if any product would come out on the side of the pen.  I tilted the pen on its side and tried to use it that way, and some more of the product did come out.  So I used that to apply to the other side.  But because it was a large flat side, I got this straight broad line on my eyebrow that looked like I took a Crayola marker and applied it to my brow.  So I had to do some cleaning up.  Finally I just pulled out my Kokie brow powder and finished up the brows.


Each and every time I tried to use this brow pen, I always ended up pulling out my other brow products and saving the brows with them instead.  To say I was saddened is a very big understatement....I was in pain and mad.  This little product cost me $8 USD.  While that won't break the bank, I wouldn't throw 8-one dollar bills into my trash either and I feel as though I had just did that when I threw away this product.



My final thoughts are that this pen, while it could be that mine was a lemon and the others aren't this way, was a total fail.  There's no average grade to be made or "A" for effort, this was a complete and total "no show" of a product, not even warrant for any sort of letter grade. 

If you have tried this product, please let me know what you think about it.  I want to know if I got a bad one or maybe it's because I was using over foundation?  But whatever your thoughts are, I'd love to know.

I hate doing bad reviews, unfortunately they are necessary if I am going to be honest.  Off hand I cannot think of the last time I actually threw away an item.  I usually like to find ways to make things work, but I just couldn't with this brow pen. 

So those are my thoughts.  I hope you found it informative in some way and will come back and visit me again here at 523!  I have a lot more reviews coming soon, I have been playing around with quite a bit of new makeup.  So I'm excited to share more tutorials and reviews soon.

But for now, that's all I got.  I will see you all again soon.  Until next time, take care.

-Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment