Friday, January 4, 2019

Heated Eyelash Curler Review and Demo



Welcome back and Happy New Year!!!

I hope your holidays were filled with love, laughter and lots of joy, just as our was here at 523.  While I adore the holiday season, I also adore it being over with too.  I love the traditions that Brad and I have made with not only each other but most importantly the ones we made with our son Caleb.  But like anything else, there's only so much holiday season one can manage without going insane.  So that's where I'm at right now.  Our tree and decorations have all been put away for another 11 months, the candy and treats are finally all gone and the massive amount of trash has all been disposed of.  I'm slowly getting my house back to normal and it's feeling great!!

Today I am here to show off a little gift that Santa left in my stocking this year.



Its the heated eye lash curler from Onyx and I am really loving it!!  I couldn't wait to try it out when I opened it up.


It only takes15 seconds to heat up all the way and if you aren't big into counting the seconds to fully heated, it has an indicator on it.  The rubber cushion is a bright pink color when it's cool, but after the 15 seconds, you will see that it turns completely white....and that's how you know it's ready to go.




I will apply the curler just like I apply any other eyelash curler, crimp down and hold for about 5-10 seconds.  You are then left with curled lashes.




Now, I don't find that it curls much different than traditional lash curlers, the curl and crimp are the same, the length of time my lashes stayed curled is the same.  But, for me the wait time for my lashes to curl on a traditional curler takes about 30-45 seconds per eye versus the 5-10 second curl time with the heated curler.  




While that's not some extraordinary length of time saved, it was one of the reasons I hated curling my lashes.  I hate sitting there with the crimp on my lashes for that long.  It makes the base of my eye lid where my lashes are, sore from being in a crimp that long.  But if I don't hold it there that long the curl won't take nor will it stay curled for decent length of time either.



I suppose that one could take into consideration the 15 second heat up time when talking time limit to curl one's lashes, but for me I will turn it on while I do my eyeliner and when I'm ready it will be nice and hot allowing me to go right in with my curling.


This isn't some life changing contraption that has just hit the stores, but a small contraption that has allowed me to give my look a much needed boost with curled lashes.  Below you will see the difference of curling my lashes make on how much higher they sit up compared to my brow bone and what they look like without curling them at all.



 It's a chore of a process that I really despised before but now, with my new little find, I have come to enjoy the process and most importantly have loved the look of the outcome. 

Best of all this little gem only cost "Santa" $4.50...which is actually $2 cheaper than my pink glitzy one you see in the photos above.  


So tell me,  have you ever used a heated eyelash curler? What are your thoughts.  Do you like curling your lashes? Or is it a dreaded task like it is for me? Let me know your thoughts below.


That's all I have for today, but I will be back again with a review of a high end product and a comparison to my much loved drugstore product, so stay tuned for which one works better, and  I am also working on doing a living room tour soon....I got a bunch of new items (furniture, etc.) for Christmas and I am dying to show it all off......as soon as the hubs puts it all together, that is.  LOL

But for now that's all I got.

Until next time, take care.

-Kim









No comments:

Post a Comment