Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Pumpkin Spice and Everything Nice




Eeek!! I can't wait for Thanksgiving tomorrow!! It is my favorite holiday of the year and it kicks off the holiday festivities for our family.  Have you started shopping yet?  I have made a few purchases on Amazon, but I have not yet trekked out in the crowds.  Right now I'm busy planning for our Elf on a Shelf's visit.  Does that stress anyone out as much as it does me?  I think it's fun, and I love that Caleb looks forward to him moving each morning, but I am afraid of him "forgetting" to move.  If you get what I am saying. 

Anyways, you didn't come here to listen to my fears of the Elf on a Shelf....let's talk some makeup.  Do you know what I cam across last week and was instantly thinking Thanksgiving makeup?

Yes!! It's yes ANOTHER Maybelline City Mini Pallet!! I keep thinking that I have collected them all, but then they happily surprise me with another one on the shelves.  I saw this and instantly thought of pumpkin spice looks.  So today, I wanted to give you my tutorial for how I created my look.  Let's get to it.

First up you want to take the yellow color number 2 and run it through your crease.  Then (I used the same brush, but you can use a different) I took the light brown color number 5 and put it through the crease, but I kept it slightly below the yellow color.  So you will have a bit of the yellow peeking out above the light brown above.  This mixing of colors is partially what gives the pumpkin color you see.



Next I used color number 3 to deepen the outer V and blend over a bit.  I also went back in with the yellow and blended it out a bit because I felt I lost some of the yellow color.



On a flat brush I used color number 4 and patted it all over my lid and then on the opposite side of the flat brush I tapped into the yellow color 2 and patted it on top of the color 4.  This gives a slightly more lighter color of yellow with the mixing of the two, and I didn't want it to look identical to the crease color, just a bit lighter. 



I put some dark brown pencil liner in my lower water line, then I used a mix of color 2 and 5 on a pencil brush and used it all to blend the pencil liner out on my lower lash line.  Then I used the white shade number 1 on brow bone as my highlight.  Mascara top and bottom and the eye look is complete.



For my lips I used my Hard Candy Lip Cashmere in Biscotti and for my cheeks I used the Elf Peach Perfection cream blush to complete my look.



I thought this look came out really well and I was extremely happy with the results.  I am wearing a deep mustard yellow sweater for Thanksgiving tomorrow so this will be the makeup look I will also be wearing. 

What about you?  Do you do festive makeup looks to correspond with the holidays?  How about correlating makeup with your clothes?  I actually bought the yellow sweater to go along with my eye makeup....there's a little fun fact about me for you, I buy clothes according to the makeup look I am going for.  :)



Well, that's all I have for today, I hope you enjoyed.  I have been busy with school recently trying to finish up and get ready for my semester exam but hopefully that will be over with soon and I can get back to regular posting.  I miss it for sure, but priorities right now are my school work.  But I hope you all have a beautiful and safe Thanksgiving, and I will talk to you all again soon.


Until next time, take care.

-Kim


No comments:

Post a Comment