Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Holidays are in full swing at 523!! 🎄🎅



Happy Tuesday!!! How have you all been?  I have been fantastic here at 523!! After we recovered from our turkey coma, Caleb and I got to work on our first of many holiday traditions our family has for Christmas time.  We strung popcorn and then decorated the tree, made our peppermint hot chocolate, watched Christmas movies and baked cookies.  So today I thought I'd show off a little bit of our weekend.

Last year we started to string popcorn and hang it on the tree.  Also, last year Scooby had eaten the lower strand on the tree overnight so this year we just gave him his own popcorn so he'd leave ours alone.




Caleb loves to decorate the tree!! He loves to pull out all of the ornaments and remember where we were or what age he was when we either bought or he made each one.  I don't have one of those really beautiful BHG type trees.  Our ornaments to do not match anything, but each one has some sort of meaning to it.




This year Caleb found an ornament for Brad, of Sheldon Cooper from his favorite tv show, Big Bang Theory.  Each time we go on vacation somewhere, I will buy an ornament from wherever it was that we visited, so we have a few Sea World, Disneyland and Disney World, plus various other places.


We have ones that are Ninja Turtles and Hot Wheels, we have a Scooby Doo ornament to represent our Scooby, I have shoes and purse ornaments, and this year we also have a Pokemon ornament.



The hubs doesn't like doing the decorating (he never has) so Caleb and I have made this our tradition to do together since Brad always has to work the day after Thanksgiving and I am always off work.

But this year was special because my little sister and her two girlies came over to help.  You can see just how tall they are by where all of the ornaments were placed on the tree.


The hubs and I will not move these ornaments either.  We don't care if we have a Better Homes and Garden type tree or not, we are more concerned with Caleb having fun decorating.  Plus I figure in a couple years, he will realize how to place ornaments all around the tree instead of only one third of the tree. :)


Next it was time to make cookies (which my little sis graciously brought for us all), and the peppermint hot chocolate.





Soon we were all watching some movies together with our cookies, cocoa and leftover unstrung popcorn.  It couldn't have been a more perfect day!!

Now we are getting ready for this coming weekend when Caleb's Elf on a Shelf comes to play.  We went with some friends to the Liberty Trades Days in Gainesville TX and I secretly bought our elf a Pokemon sweater and a taco costume to wear on Taco Tuesdays here.



I will show pictures all throughout the month of December of the whereabouts of our Elf this year.  Now that I have it all planned out, I am excited about his "arrival".

Well, that's all I have for today.  Let me know what your holiday traditions are, I'd love to know.  I hope you enjoyed today's post and will come back for more.  Until next time, take care.

-Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment