Friday, November 30, 2018

Maybelline City Mini Pallet in Hi Rise Sunset - Tutorial



Happy Friday Friends!! I am excited because our little town is putting on their annual Christmas on the Square and this year all the businesses are decorating their doorways to look like Whoville from How the Grinch Stole Christmas.  Another fun thing going on this weekend is that we are going with the in-laws to take a horse drawn carriage ride and look at Christmas lights.

Caleb and I are super excited....and the hubs...well, he's just along for the ride. LOL  But next week I will show off some photos of the weekend for you to see.  Our Christmas traditions in our household are rallied around doing things....there will be some gift givings as well, but we mostly concentrate our focus on doing fun things together and making memories. 


And of course the Elf comes back to play tonight!! Caleb is beside himself just waiting to see the crazy things Jingle Bells does this year....hopefully it just won't be too messy. :/  For a little hint of this year's fun....the elf has a new pet that he's bringing along to play.



So today I am wanting to bring you another tutorial using the Hi Rise Sunset pallet from Maybelline's City Mini collection.  Like I say each and every time I do a tutorial with one of these pallets, "I think I have collected them all and then poof, out comes another".  I swear this is the story of my life.  But that's ok, I love finding these in the stores and I love using them even more!!  So, without further ado, let's hop to it.


First up I went in with color #5 and swept it all over my crease with a fluffy brush.



Next I kept with color #5 and patted it on my lid.



I went in with a smaller crease brush and applied color #6 all throughout the outer V and outer third of my lid.  If you want it darker, you can get the shadow on your brush and then spritz it down with setting spray or water and then apply for a more concentrated color.



I used color #1 for my brow bone highlight but I also patted it on the inner third of my lid for some brightness.  On a side note, this color is a matte cream color, but I think that the next time I do this look I am going to use a shimmery gold or champagne color for my inner lid...I think it will be beautiful!!



I next used some cream liner in my lower water line and black liquid liner on my top lash line.



I went back with #6 and applied it on the lower lash line and then finished the eyes up with mascara.



I next used the Maybelline Bouncy Blush in Hot Tamale and for my lips I used the Hard Candy glitter liquid lipstick in Charm.  I wanted an orange-ish red lip to compliment the orange-ish red eye shadow, and I really liked the turnout of this.  I thought it gave the look a hint of glam but kept it still wearable.


So, there you have it.  My look is complete.  I have another look I want to show you that I did last weekend as well with this pallet.  I will show you that tutorial next week.  But it will be using the yellow and the red colors in a somewhat of a halo eye.  Also next week I will give you the swatches of each color in the pallet and my final thoughts.


I hope you will come back again and visit me soon here at 523.  Have a fun and happy weekend and I will talk to you again.

Until next time, take care.

-Kim











No comments:

Post a Comment