Friday, April 12, 2019

A Lazy Day....the 523 Way!! 😄



It's been a total whirlwind of stuff here at 523....as I spoke about on my last post, the house is a wreck, Easter is only a week away, school commitments and first communion are all sweeping in and must be assessed, planned and then executed.  There are just few (and I mean a VERY FEW) hours or if I'm lucky half a day to just veg out and do nothing, lately.  You have seen the blog....I used to post upwards of nearly 5 times per week, then just two and now all you hear from me are crickets.  So, I'm a busy girl...that's the point I'm getting at.  But for the rare occasion that I get to stay at home and not do a darn thing, I wanted to show you my makeup look for those special times.



While I am one who is going to STILL apply makeup, even if I don't leave my couch for the weekend.  And just for reference, yes, I have actually asked Caleb to "run to mommy's makeup room and grab the stuff on the table" and then proceed to apply my makeup from my couch.....shameful, I know.  

BUT, that was only once and it was a long time ago....but anyhow, the reason for my ramble is that even if I don't leave the house, I will still apply a little makeup to brighten up my face a bit.  Let's keep this real...I had the flu and still put on makeup just to stay at home.  There's some definite issues that I should really address about my infatuation of makeup, but that's only if I "accept" there's an issue...I'm still in denial so I frankly think I'm ok. 😉

Again, I'm getting caught up in my rambles....so I apply makeup everyday no matter what.  The reason?  I don't want to walk by a mirror and scare myself, so I do what I can to make sure I feel good about what I see in the mirror.  So, today what I'm going to show you is my "lazy day, 523 way" of makeup....I hope you enjoy.


I will most definitely forgo the liquid liner on days like these....I love the look of it, but sometimes you just gotta make sacrifices in the name of simplicity.

Oh, one more thing....you will see a huge mess of toys in the background...please pay no attention....Caleb's toy room moved into the makeup room until the flooring is done.   ðŸ˜–

Ok, well I will always start out with making sure I have either foundation or a BB cream.  Then I will set it all in place with powder and then fill in my eyebrows.  These two steps are crucial to me feeling my best.


Next I grab a bronzer, for this day I used the Loreal Lumi Bronze It in Deep.  Go a bit easy on this because it's very pigmented and dark.




I will sweep the bronzer in and all throughout my crease of my eye. 



Next I will use the highlight shade on the eyelid and I also use it on my brow bone.  I used the Wet N Wild highlight bar in Earth.




Then I take a dark brown pencil and run it in my lower water line and smudge that out with the bronzer on the lower lash line.


I curled the lashes and topped them with a ton of mascara and moved on to the rest of the face.


I used the Lumi bronzer as my bronzer and then I popped the Neutrogena Get Cheeky Blush in Boys N Berry on my cheeks.....this is such a fresh and beautiful color for any skin tone.



For my lips I used the Milani gloss in Luminous....it was neutral enough, shiny enough and had just a hint of color for the look I was going for.


I put on my makeup shirt, threw my hair in a messy bun and then went to sit on the couch with Caleb where we watched movies and then of course we had to leave, we had to go to a birthday party.  I'm telling you, there is no rest for this girl....at least not until......hmmm, I think we might be free in June, perhaps. 

It's a crazy life, but it's my life and I truly love every crazy minute of it. 💓


Well, that's all I have for today...I hope you enjoyed and will come back and visit me again here at 523!!  I will see you all again really soon, so until next time, take care.

-Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment