Friday, July 27, 2018

I'm back and ready to make up....I mean makeup....I'm talking about the Covergirl's Peach Punch pallet compared to Too Faced Sweet Peach

If you haven't seen me post in a while (um, like almost a year now) it's because I have been posting over at Steem It - A Day at 523

It's where you can post and have your followers upvote your post and it then pays you in steem currency.  Which ultimately is similar to crypto currency.  Over the past year, I have realized that I have missed my own personal blog here on Blogger and wanted to greatly get back to it.  I actually have been posting quite regularly on Steemit, but have decided to feature my posts on both of my platforms.

Today's post is all about the pros and cons of using Covergirl's Peach Punch eye shadow pallet.  I will also be comparing it to Too Faced Sweet Peach pallet and tell you what I see is similar and different between the two.


Ok, here we go with the comparisons of the shades (including shade names) between Too Faced Sweet Peach and Covergirl Peach Punch pallet.  



And the swatches of them both.



Now my thoughts on the Covergirl....

I will go forward with the pros to this pallet first.  The pigment is wonderful, the shadows are very soft,  the colors are beautiful, packaging is quite sturdy and the price ($9) is outstanding!! 

The only real con I have with this pallet is that it needs one more "off the wall" or statement color to make it more versatile.  To be completely honest, there would only be one color change I'd make, if I were to have made this pallet myself.  I would have taken out the color #4 and added a green (like Too Faced Bless Her Heart).  

A lot of the looks I created kept coming out so similar to each other and I couldn't begin to recommend something that I felt just "ok" with.  And because I am not one for giving up on my makeup, I decided to look into it a bit more. 

Finally I realized that the Maybelline single shadow in Khaki Camo would be a nice addition to this pallet and it only cost $4.  Therefore bringing your total cost to $13 for achieving very similar looks to the Too Faced Sweet Peach pallet which cost $49.



Now please know that the green is not a dupe, it's just similar to the green in the Too Faced.

The green allows the user to keep from having "peach only" looks.  

And so, for $4 more I'm quite happy with buying a very nice Maybelline single shade....BTW the Khaki Camo is GORGEOUS as a one shadow look.  I will have to do a tutorial using it to show you.  

Why not change the purple? Or add in a different purple?  I had thought maybe that was the case that the purple would be what is needed to create a different look.  After all you will see a nice lighter shade of purple in the Too Faced.  While I think that can be true, I also feel that the purple serves as the deep smokey color needed to create dark looks.  And you can put the purple over a white liner or cream shade and get a little lighter color of purple.  

You can't make a green out of nothing, so that's why I chose the green as the much needed shade.   I have realized I just put waaayy too much thought into this whole thing....

Now back to the actual pallet.....

A con that some may have is how soft the shadows are, because they will have a great deal of fall out and will kick up in the pan....I think you can see a bit of kick up on my photo in the Covergirl shadows #5 & #6. 



The Too Faced doesn't kick up quite that much, well not hardly at all, so the fall out is less.  I actually don't know how Too Faced has such soft shadows that don't have much fall out to them...but they have somehow managed to figure it out.  

I have said before that fall out is not a deal breaker for me, I like soft shadows and a lot of them will tend to have fall out, but it's worth noting in a review.

Now some miscellaneous stuff about the Covergirl pallet.  There is a scent to it.  It's not quite as much as the Peach Punch blush and bronze pallet, but there is a definite scent.  It's a sweeter smell than the Too Faced pallet, but it's not overwhelming to me.  But if you don't like scented pallets than you won't want either of these.  

The packaging is very sturdy, though not as cute as TF Sweet Peach, but still nice and sleek and I like that about it.  I also like how compact this pallet is, so it's travel friendly and the lid will snap shut really well.  So sleek and sturdy, check.

As for my ultimate thought, I do like this pallet.  Although, I have grown to really, really like this pallet now that I have a go to green color to add.  It's quality is extremely nice and if you are wanting the very trendy peach looks and don't want to fork out the $49, then I'd happily tell you to go for it.  

I will be posting some looks using the Peach Punch in my upcoming posts, but for now I wanted to give you my Pintrest board of the Too Faced Sweet Peach pallet looks. 

Too Faced Sweet Peach Board

You can see where I have pinned many looks that you can either replicate or get very close to replicating the looks using the Covergirl Peach Punch pallet.  Note that some looks will require you to use the green color as well.  I think because I have green eyes, might be the reason I go for green colors. :)

I hope you enjoyed my review, found it entertaining or the very least, helpful.  I want you to be able to create the much coveted peach looks that are all the rage for the summer, but I also want you to be able to afford to go on summer vacation as well.....hence why I say let's only spend the $13 and not the $49.  ;)  

I love doing these posts and I hope you enjoy reading them.  If you have any questions, please leave me a comment below.  

Is there a look you are wanting to try but don't want to pay the high end price?  Let me know.  I will work hard to find similar if not duped products to allow you to look your best for the least amount of money...um, but still good quality.

That's all I have for today.  I hope you all have a beautiful weekend and a happy rest of your Friday.  Until next time, take care.

-Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment