Tuesday, March 26, 2019

What it means to me, no matter the size or money it makes



I'm in a rambling sort of mood today, so lookout.

While reading comments and scrolling through blog post ideas, I got to thinking about why I blog and why I write what I do.  I thought that I'd give you another little glimpse into this madness of a mind I have and get to know me a little better.  I hope you enjoy.



I am sure I have said it before and if not, I'll say it again....I am the "pink sheep" of the family.  I say that because pink is my favorite color and because I'm a little different than the siblings in my family.  I am not by any means an outcast from them, I'm just more of a complete opposite of the other three siblings I have.  That's where my blog comes into play.

For a little background, I have always loved to write.  The act of writing, whether it be in a journal, writing my own "self help" book (that no one will ever see), a blog post, or even just writing "to do" notes in my planner, I love it all.  I love the smell of the paper and the clicks of the keys pouncing on my keyboard.  The words in black in white typed all over the screen or the colorful affirmations written all over white paper.  I just love to write, but it was mostly for myself that I did the writing.

However, writing where others see it comes with a certain sense of needing to "provide" for others.  My blog, while is my own personal outlet, it's also I place I want to inspire people to live a rich life.  I want to provide to others the inspiration and faith in knowing that you don't need to have a ton of money to live a rich life.  You can have a home you love to be in, a look you are confident wearing and life you are happy living, all while keeping within a small budget.  I know this because that is my very life. 

Another reason for my blog, is that this is the place that I can be me.  And if a person doesn't like it, they are free to stop mid sentence and click away.  They don't have to endure my endless spouts of affordable beauty and makeup and non-stop of how much I love my boys.  This is where my siblings, and truth be told, all of my friends get the benefit of my blog.  LOL

I had come to the very conclusion that NO ONE in my family or circle of friends like to talk about makeup, beauty or shopping of any kind and I'm pretty sure they are tired of my constant talking and picture showing of my son and hubby.  They had to listen to my excitement of a new foundation I stumbled upon, or that my son got awesome grades, all with keeping a straight face and not once allowing their eyes roll to the back of their heads.  They don't have the big "X" in the top right hand corner of the screen to click and make me go away.  :)   I'm grateful for them always listening and being there for me.

But, this blog is my place to spill out all that I love and not have to punish my friends and family with my babble.  But also a place where I can hopefully inspire someone to work with what you have and make it great!! And if I can do that to just one person, well then that means more to me than any amount of money that could be given. 

This is where you see me and all that I love to do, have and be.  And I am truly grateful for that.

So that's my story.  What does YOUR blog do for you?  Why did you start it? What were your goals for it?  Let me know your thoughts.  On a side note, does anyone else LOVE the smell of paper planners?  Does anyone want to lie to me and say they do, just so I don't feel like the crazy person?

Well, that's all I got for today.  I hope it was enjoyable or inspiring, or in the least bit, entertaining.  But I thank you for reading all the way through if you did, and I will be back again really soon. Until next time, take care.

-Kim






No comments:

Post a Comment