Tuesday, May 30, 2017

May 29th Goals

Here we are at the beginning of the week.  What does that mean here at 523? It means it's time to set some weekly goals.  Are you ready? I am.....sort of.

Actually being that it is not Monday, it is actually Tuesday, I have already jumped ahead on my goals and got some good ones completed.  Below is what I am talking about.

For starters, we are going to be taking a trip soon and I am trying desperately to get ready for it.  The hubs, Caleb and I are going with the in-laws to California.  I'm so excited because I have never been!!  The in-laws are wanting to take Caleb on a Disney vacation before he get too big for Disney, and since we took him to Disney World when he was 5, they decided to take him to Disneyland.  I would like to say that Caleb is looking forward to the trip, but we haven't even told him yet.  :)  Brad wants to wait to tell him until the morning that we leave.  I'm not sure Caleb will care too much that morning, being that we are leaving the house at 4:00 in the morning for our flight.  But I will let Brad decide when and where to tell Caleb.  I was the one who determined how we told him when we went to Florida two years ago, so I think it is Brad's turn now.

So with that in mind, I have some prep work to do.  I want the house to be very clean, so detail dusting will be in order.  Along with heavy vacuuming and mopping.  I am going to do heavy cleaning this week so the day before we leave, I can just do a very quick clean and call it good.  I have already done this, since I was off work yesterday.  Caleb went to his grandparents to stay the night and I had the entire day to myself to do some very detailed dusting, mopping and vacuuming.

My detail cleaning is just my weekly home blessing routine, but instead of feather dusting and quick mopping and vacuuming, I go the extra mile and really get good scrubbing done.  If I didn't have a full day to myself to do this, then I would choose a task and complete one each day until I am done.

I love going on vacation but I love even more when I come home and my house is huggably happy and clean.  I know, I have issues.  But I can't help it.  I like to come home from vacation all rested and relaxed and there is no way you can be relaxed if you come home to a mess.  And that is what prep work is for.

I will be doing my regular weekly home blessing routine, but I will be doing this the day before we leave.

WBH:
Sweep / Mop
Wash bathmats
Change / wash sheets
Feather dust
Clean dog bowls
Clean microwave
Take out all trash

Now this kind of cleaning is not a detailed clean, it is do it all as fast as humanly possible so you can get it over with.  I only spend about 10-15 minutes or even less on each task.  I can complete this in an hour, it's that quick.

There isn't going to be any room for zone cleaning or organizing this week since I will be vacation prepping.  But it will all resume very, very soon afterwards.  I am excited to go on vacation, but when I get back I have a fun project that I am itching to start in my master bedroom.  So, moving on...

On the Flylady website is the weekly pamper mission and it is to create a steam room in your bathroom.  It says to go into your bathroom and close the door.  Then turn on the shower with the hot water, but DON'T get into the shower.  Just strip down and then stay in the bathroom while it steams up from the hot water.  This is like your own personal "steam room" in the comforts of your own home.  Stay in there and "steam" for 15 minutes or more if you can, and then when finished slather yourself in lotion or body cream.  I'm kinda excited for this mission.  Although, I am going to take it a step (or three) further and when I'm done steaming, I will turn the water to shower temp and give myself a good sugar scrub.  I am then going to proceed with my self tanning lotion to get my skin "vacay ready".

My health goals are still keeping the sugar consumption low (although I don't want to talk about yesterday's food choices). I have been wanting to step up my workouts more this week.  So I am striving for 5 days a week for 30 minutes.

I am dying to get my car and purse cleaned out, both, this week.  I usually do one during one week and the next one the following week.  But this weekend we took Caleb to different outings and my purse got overloaded with a bunch of junk that Caleb found and trash from his fruit snacks and such.  My car was also used in the transportation of everyone to these multiple events so it's in need of a good cleaning out as well.  Speaking of outings, we went to the Science Museum and I some how convinced my mom and grandmother to try out the bed of nails.  You can see the photo in my Instagram account here.  I also tried it out, and I have to say, it was a very odd feeling to lay on an actual bed of nails.  But it was still fun.

So that's all I have to do, not that I could really fit much more in the week.  I am working some overtime this week at work so I'm really going to be strapped for time.  But I have a plan and all I have to do is stick to it as best I can.  I don't expect it to all be done perfectly but if I can get a good lick at the tasks I want to complete, then I will call it a success.

Let me know how you prep for vacation.  If you have any questions or comments, feel free to leave them below for me.

Until next time, take care.

-Kim


No comments:

Post a Comment