Monday, May 22, 2017

May 22nd Goals

Yay for Monday!! Am I right? No? Well, ok, I agree....Mondays aren't the absolute best days in the world, but like I said last week, "you have to get thru Monday in order to get to Friday".  So here we go with making this Monday productive.

So last Friday night I came down with a nasty cold.  Except for swim lessons on Saturday, I was in bed the entire weekend.  So needless to say, my house was in shambles from losing my routines for two and a half days.  I did not do any laundry, make beds or even have Caleb pickup his toys each night.  I only swished one bathroom and that was out of sheer habit.  I was already half way done swishing my bathroom before I even realized what I was doing and I couldn't stop half way, so it got done.

Because I was down and out I didn't make Caleb pickup his toys before bed, like usual, and him and the hubs were left un-attended on Sunday together and again not made to pickup before bed.  That really made for a messy 523.  So Legos, Transformers and Power Ranger toys were strewn about the house.  It is a minefield for your bare feet right now.  So this afternoon, being that Caleb will not have any homework, we will be working on picking up all of the field mines toys and getting them put back in their home

After all is picked up, I will begin my home blessing.

You can read about that here.  But its just a few items I do as quickly as possible to keep my home in tip top shape.

  • Sweep / Mop
  • Dust
  • Vacuum
  • Change / Wash Sheets
  • Wash Bath Mats
  • Clean Scooby's bowls
  • Clean microwave

I spend 10-15 minutes tops on each item.  Things like the bath mats, microwave and our dog (Scooby's ) bowls only take mere seconds to do so I do all of those in one swoop.  

 I will not do all of this today, in fact I will only be doing the sheets, sweep / mop and washing the bath mats today and then tomorrow morning and afternoon I will finish the rest up.  

Zones for this week are in the Master Bed and Bathroom.  I will be doing a detailed dusting in those two rooms along with washing the comforter.  We keep the bed and bath clutter free so there is never much that has to be done other than cleaning the comforters and a good detail dusting.  I will do the comforter on Saturday (it takes about 4 hours to wash and dry our king size comforter) but the dusting will be done on Tuesday.  

My health goals this week include upping my workout to 5 days for 30 minutes.  I have done today's already and feeling good about tomorrows.  

This week's Flylady's pamper mission is to relax with some music.  I think I will be listening to some smooth jazz while I take a long bubble bath this Sunday.  

I would like plan something fun for Caleb and I to do this weekend.  It's the hubs weekend to work so we like to go and do fun stuff that dad doesn't like to do on those weekends.  But it has to be budget friendly because we are so very close to our savings goal for our travel trailer.  

That's about all I think I can fit into my weekly plan for now.  I didn't do so great last week, we had some family illnesses and I had my niece over for the majority of the week and I had spent a lot of time running her back and forth to the hospital to visit her mom and dad.  I didn't get any zone work done on my home and I lacked greatly on the laundry as well.  So I am ready to kick it up a notch or two this week and get my home back in order.  

What about you? What are your plans for the week? Let me know in the comment section below.

Until next week, take care.


-Kim




No comments:

Post a Comment