- I have this weird thing that I don't really like things on the kitchen counter. I don't keep our blender, toaster, mixer or even can opener on the counter. It makes me feel clutter-ey and closed in while I'm in my kitchen. However, Brad has his own little space on the end of the counter that he puts his stuff. I really hate it but it's only one spot and I will go thru it periodically to minimize it when it gets totally out of control.
- I have this very hardcore interest in the paranormal. Not aliens and UFOs, but ghosts. It's strange and I get the oddest looks when someone finds out (because I don't openly state it). I don't really know when the interest started either. I remember having these really weird happenings at the first house Brad and I lived in when we got married, and I summed it up to the old lady who used to live there was just getting even with me. This house actually backed up to a house I lived in with my parents. So when I was little I would sneak in her garden and sneak buckets of blackberries. I guess she's come back to haunt me for it. I deserve it, truly.
- I love to wear uniforms as daily attire. I enjoy dressing up on the weekends but Monday thru Friday, I adore the ease of a uniform. I loved wearing uniforms when I went to a private school and desperately missed them when I moved and had to go to public school. I enjoyed not knowing the financial status of others because we all looked the same. I came to this conclusion when I was only 14 years old and has forever stuck with me. Side note: I wear uniforms to work also and I enjoy them just as much.
- I struggle daily with insecurities. I struggle with my weight, hair, mothering abilities, being a wife, keeping the house picture perfect. More often than not it can be paralyzing to me that I have no choice but to break down and cry it out to Brad. And that does happen much more than I'd like to share.
- I have a total full on anxiety disorder and (even though they are now rare) my panic attacks still immobilze me. Oddly enough, I pull out my book called Sink Reflections and re-read it to calm my nerves. I have this in the paperback as well as the Kindle edition and on my phone to listen to so anytime I have a panic attack I am prepared. There has never been a time in my life that I claimed full complete sanity. LOL
So that's all I have. I am sure there are more quirks that I probably do on a constant basis but can't think of them. I will have to ask Brad what some of them are and maybe do a part 2 on this. But that's just a little insider info on the girl that writes this blog. Let me know what you thought and what your quirks might be.
Until next time, take care.