Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Soft and Easy Look using Rimmel Electric Violet Pallet


Hello and welcome to Wednesday here at 523!! How has your week been?  Mine has been great!! Caleb and Brad are complete with their pinewood derby car for this Saturday's upcoming race, and Brad also was asked to cut out another boy's car, so he completed that in one evening and we got it back to the scout the very next day.  So we are all excited for the upcoming race!!

While watching a Youtube video the other day, I had seen a beauty vlogger wearing a pretty light and neutral eye look.  While watching her channel a bit more, she expressed her hopes that more bloggers and vloggers would incorporate more wearable and lighter eye looks, while still using color.  It got my wheels turning.  While I have no problem wearing a bold eye look and will sport it most anytime, I have to also realize that it's really not the "norm" for most women.  And though I am still going to do my own personal "normal" looks, I also want to appeal to more women, if possible.

With all of that said, I decided to do a more lighter "colorful" eye.  Being that while many women want to have a lighter looking eye look, they don't always want to do the usual brown or taupe color either.  So that's what we are doing today.  I am going to show you how to get a more colorful but still toned down eye look. 

  I hope you enjoy!!

We going to take color #4 on a fluffy blending brush and starting with the outer corner, start blending it out.  You want a little bit heavier application in the outer V (outer corner from lid to crease area that makes a "V") and blend it over towards the crease.  The majority of the product needs to be in the outer V and the rest to be sheered out in the crease.


Then I went in with color #3 (actually you could take any of the lighter shades) and I packed it all over the lid.


I next used a very fine angled brush and used color #11 to line my upper lash line.  I decided to forgo the black liquid liner to give an easier option for anyone who doesn't use that kind of liner.  This will basically deepen right at the root of your lash line and it makes your lashes fuller. 


After using a nude pencil in my lower water line, I then smudged color #4 all along my lower lash line.


I then curled my lashes, applied three coats of mascara and then went for the cheeks and lips.  I used Milani's Blossomtime Rose blush and Covergirl's Lipcolor in Divine for my lips.


And then my look was complete.   What do you think?


I like how easy it was to do this look and how very quick it was as well.  What do you think of the lighter eye look?  Or are you more of a bold eye look kind of person?  Me personally, well I will sport them both ways!! But that's just me....

So, I think I have done all the looks I care to do using the Rimmel Electric Violet pallet.  My next post will be my final thoughts on the pallet as well as the swatches from a variety of application techniques.  I will let you know who this pallet is good for and who might should steer clear (if anyone). 

I hope you have a fantastic Wednesday, and I will see you all again really soon!! Until next time, take care.

-Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment