Friday, January 11, 2019

Rimmel Electric Violet Tutorial #2



Happy Friday!! I'm going to be honest, I'm not in a "happy" mood.  My neck and shoulder (I assume it's arthritis) is flaring up so bad....I'm in so much pain.  For some reason, this has only been happening during the cold months.  I had the same thing happen last winter and by the spring it went away and didn't come back until it started getting cold.  I have always had a hard time believing that the weather has any affect on the body, but I'm starting to see the light.

Anyways, I read that arthritis can also be affected by stress, and let me tell you, I'm stressed to the max right now.  I was asked on Tuesday if I could teach our 2nd grade Sunday school....starting THIS Sunday.  I picked up the material last night, therefore I only have three days to prepare an entire lesson for the class.  If I had a book to go by it might make it easier, but I don't.  So I think my stress level is at an all time high because of this class.

But enough of that......I'm here to talk makeup, I'm sure that's what you are here for too!!  So let's talk makeup, namely the Rimmel Electric Violet pallet, again.

I already did one tutorial with this pallet and I am ready for number 2.  I also have another one I want to share with you using the bright teal color but I will show that off next week.

Today, we are going very bright purple!!

First up you want to take the color #2 and sweep it all throughout the crease.  You will notice two blotting sheets under my eyes, that's to catch the massive fall out that does come with this pallet.  And it gives me a guideline as to where to put my colors to give my eyes the "lifted" effect.


Next take the color #9 and get it on your brush, then spritz it with setting spray.  Pack it all over your lid and blend it up into the crease.  If you don't want this bright of a color, you can skip the setting spray and apply it dry...it will be a much softer and lighter look.


Take color #11 and again spritz with setting spray and pack it on the outer V.


With color #1 on a brush and spritzed with setting spray, I packed it on the inner third of my lid and blended over towards the middle.


I also put color #1 on the inner tear duct area of my eye for brightness.


I used Milani's brow highlight stick (the matte side) and ran it all along under my brow.  I am doing this for two reasons....one is that it gives my eye a brightness on the brow bone that makes it look larger and lifted, and the other reason is because I went too high with my shadow so I had to correct it.

Next I went in with NYX single shadow in I Have a Headache, which is just a matte cream color, and smoothed it along where I put the Milani brow stick.  It blended it all out and made it a nice transition from my brow bone to the transition purple color.


Next I went in with a nude pencil and lined my lower water line.  You could use the Milani brow pencil as well for this.


I then went in with color #9, on a pencil brush, spritzed with setting spray and ran it on the lower lash line.


Black liquid liner on the top lash line, heavy coats of mascara and the eye look is complete.  I used the Milani baked blush in Bellissimo Bronze for my cheeks, I lined my lips with Rimmel's lip liner in Clover and Topped it with Loreal's Infallible gloss in Sunset.


And that's all there was to the look.


What do you think?  I love bright makeup looks!! They perk me up and make me feel good, and I was especially in need of it today!!

Well, I think that is all I have for today....I hope you enjoyed and will come back and visit me again here at 523!!

Until next time, take care!

-Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment