Monday, January 14, 2019

Bold and Colorful look using Rimmel's Electric Violet Pallet



Hello and welcome back!! How has your Monday been so far?  Mine has been good.  I am so relieved that the Sunday school class is over with.  If you recall last post, I said that Brad and I were asked last minute to teach our Sunday school for our church.  This is not easy because we were only given a few days to prep and we have to fit an entire month's worth of lessons into one class.  We don't have the typical every Sunday, Sunday school.  There aren't enough volunteers to teach the classes so we only have them once per month.  But anyways, that is over with for now and we only have two more classes to teach before it's all over with.  And hopefully we will get the lesson much quicker this month so we have more time to prepare.

So, let's again, talk about the Rimmel Electric Violet pallet....I have done two other tutorials on this pallet and today I wanted to bring you a very colorful and fun look.  I got so many compliments with this look and I had such a fun time creating it.  I hope you enjoy!

First up we are going to start out with our crease color and really the best color in this pallet for that is the color #2.  So run that all throughout your crease.  I did use blotting papers on the outer corner of my eye so I can have a guideline to keep my shadows in the upward and outward on my lid.


Next we are going to work on the lid area and will be back again at the crease soon.  But I got some of the teal color #8 on a flat brush and spritz it with setting spray and packed it on the inner third of my lid.

 I then went in with another flat brush, color #6 and spritzed it as well, and packed it on the middle third of my lid.  You want to slightly overlap the teal color to allow it to blend with the middle purple shade.


Last on the lid, I went in with the blue color #12, and setting spray and packed it on the outer third of my lid.  Again, slightly go over the middle shade where it meets the blue to make it blend together.

Now I went in with a smaller blending brush and color #4, I used this one dry.  But I swept it on the lower crease area, all along the top of the edges of my lid colors.  This allows the lid colors to blend up into the crease with this purple color.


Now we are going to work on the lower lash line.  You will do the exact same thing as you did on the lid.  Take color #8 on the inner third of the lower lash line, run color #6 in the middle and color #12 on the outer third.  This will blend them all together and give you a nice gradient affect.


I decided to go bold today and used black pencil liner on my lower inner rim, my usual black liquid liner on the top lash line, mascara and then I topped it all off with some false lashes.  The lashes really amp up a bold eye look!


For my lips, I lined them with Wet N Wild Bare to Comment gel liner and used the Maybelline lipstick in Pearly Pink.  Lastly, I used Loreal's Blush in Baby Blossom to finish off the look.


And there you have it.  A very colorful and bold look using the Rimmel's Electric Violet pallet. 


I hope you enjoyed today's post using this pallet.  I had thought that perhaps some would like to see a more easy, neutral and wearable look using this pallet and have been playing around with that.  I haven't been happy with the looks yet, so I'm going to keep trying.  But for now, that's all I got.

I hope you all have a great day and will come back and see me again here at 523!! Until next time, take care.

-Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment